Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Blank screen issue during fresh Catalina install with an RX 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD4H
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
MSI GTX 780
I'm doing a fresh install of Catalina on a new build following the installation guide on this site. I can get to the Apple logo screen, but when the loading bar is a little over half full my screen cuts to black and then the computer restarts 5-10 minutes later. I've attached the last few lines of verbose mode before it cuts out. Sorry it's a bit blurry, I had to film a video and take a screenshot since it rolls right through the code before stopping.

All of my parts were pulled from the compatibility list:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

CPU: Intel i9-9900k

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT

The buyer's guide says that the RX 5700 XT is only compatible with 10.15.2+, but according to my MBP the version of the installer I downloaded is 10.15.6. Any ideas what could be causing it? I've tried all ports on the GPU (2x DP and 2x HDMI), and they all have the same issue.

Attachments

• IMG_5253.jpg
    IMG_5253.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 52
With the 5700XT you must install Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts then boot with agdpmod=pikera.

I'm new here so forgive me if this is a dumb question- I used Clover Configurator to load Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts, but when I get to the Clover boot options I don't see agdpmod=pikera anywhere. Where can I find that?

I'm going through this exact problem right now with:

i7 8700k
RX 5700 XT
Gigabyte Aorus H370 Gaming 3.

I haven't tried the solution above yet because I'm remaking my installer right now. Hoping it works!

I tried to Install Catalina with my RX 580 on my PC after using UNIBeast without any modifying in Clover configurator and I would get a black screen while loading on the apple screen on my PC. I took out the Saphire 8gb nitro+ RX 580 and put in my old 5750 XFX and it boots and runs the installer and and gets to the desktop of Catalina! I tried so much I haven't slept in a week!!!! Can some one help me out please! I tried a lot and Im about to sell this card and get another one !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back