Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LG Gram 13 inch
CPU
i7-8650u
Graphics
Blackmagic eGPU
I have a LG Gram 13 inch which has a Thunderbolt 3 port.

I got a Blackmagic eGPU but it is not working in macOS 11 Big Sur.

The eGPU works fine in Windows 10 (with Bootcamp Drivers), so it's connected properly and there's nothing wrong with it.

macOS does not detect the graphics card. It does detect the USB hub though, so I can plug a mouse or a Ethernet cable into the eGPU and the accessories will work.

I really appreciate if anyone can help me.

It appears to be rather complicated to get eGPU working on a hackintosh laptop.
Would probably be best if you signed up on the egpu.io site and studied the eGPU requirements.

I don't know of anyone here that uses eGPU on their laptop. I could be wrong though.
Maybe @Feartech knows more about it.

Last edited:
It appears to be rather complicated to get eGPU working on a hackintosh laptop.
Would probably be best if you signed up on the egpu.io site and studied the eGPU requirements.

I don't know of anyone here that uses eGPU on their laptop. I could be wrong though.
Maybe @Feartech knows more about it.
I read the requirements on egpu.io. My SMBIOS is Macbook 16,3, so it meets the minimum requirement. Blackmagic is designed for macOS, so I am pretty sure purge-wrangler is not needed. However, I ran the script and it didn't detect my GPU either.
The thunderbolt 3 port on my laptop appears to be working, I can use the accessories that are plugged into the eGPU, just not the GPU itself.
I am pretty sure the problem is not hardware or software compability, if I plug this eGPU into any Macbook with Thunderbolt 3, it would be plug and play. I think it is a problem in the Opencore configuration, specifically, the problem is probably the SSDT. I tried to edit the SSDT a lot of times, but nothing is working, I don't think I will be able to make it work by myself.
I would still greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Edit: On second thought, it looks like the accessories are being connected via USB C. So Thunderbolt 3 is likely not working, actually. Do you have advice on how to get Thunderbolt 3 to work?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back