Contribute
Register

Black Screen With Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580, High Sierra 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if you connect the samsung screen directly to the first HDMI port on the RX580 (using an HDMI cable)?
What happens if you connect BOTH screens to the two HDMI ports directly (using HDMI cables)?
In both cases the behavior is when the progress bar under the apple is loaded, the two screens keep in black but with a litle illumination not fully disconnected.

The HDMI connection always causes black screen.
Any idea?.
Thanks very much.

Yes that's it correct.

If I connect ASUS Screen with DP to DP and SAMSUNG with the HDMI to the DP both DP to the card, all is ok and smooth.

So both the DP ports actually work fine.
But HDMI ports do not.

There's possibly a problem with the way the connectors and configured in the VBIOS.
Sometimes, GPU card manufactures lie about how each port is physically configured in the VBIOS.

Post the VBIOS rom file here.
Have you updated the VBIOS with the latest version ?

If you only need two screens, can you not live with using the 2 DP ports and be happy ?

So both the DP ports actually work fine.
But HDMI ports do not.

There's possibly a problem with the way the connectors and configured in the VBIOS.
Sometimes, GPU card manufactures lie about how each port is physically configured in the VBIOS.

Post the VBIOS rom file here.
Have you updated the VBIOS with the latest version ?

If you only need two screens, can you not live with using the 2 DP ports and be happy ?

Hello, yes I'm happy now I can live without HDMI, I can use a HDMI to DP Adapter for use my KWM Switcher.
I've not updated the vbios, I'd bought the card 3 weeds ago on Amazon.

I put here my rom vbios file for if there is a solution at all.
Thanks very much.

Attachments

• 1002_67df_e3661da2.rom.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 77
Hello, today arrived my new graphic card, a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580, I've used until now a ASUS Geforce GTX 760 on OS X High Sierra 10.13.6 without nvidia drivers, only native os x drivers.

When I've tried to start my hackintosh, before the apple logo progress bar loadedr, the two screens connected to the HDMI and DP port turned black.

I've tried:
1. lilu and Whathevergreen kexts inside clover/kexts/other --> Not luck
2. config.plist -> Graphics -> radeomDnInit --> Not luck (removed lilu and WhatheverGreen kexts)
3. smbios with IMac 14.2 definition --> Not luck.

I can not start in safe mode neither from usb boot loader, only can start my computer using vindows 10

What can i do?
Thanks very much.

I've had the same troubles for a short time, everything is fine with a clean setup and a careful clover arrangement. You can look at my clover settings.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Ekran Resmi 2018-11-06 20.30.30.png
    Ekran Resmi 2018-11-06 20.30.30.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 390
  • About.png
    About.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 408
  • Ekran Resmi .png
    Ekran Resmi .png
    110.9 KB · Views: 384
I've had the same troubles for a short time, everything is fine with a clean setup and a careful clover arrangement. You can look at my clover settings.
@djturbo has different system from you. He has 3rd gen i7 with 7 series chipset. So your config does not quite help. Also he is on 10.13.6 and your are on 10.14.1 (which has new problems for AMD GPU's).

Also, your config may be working fine for you but looking at your System profiler screenshot, I believe it's not normal to see Intel GPU AND AMD GPU listed. You have that because your IGPU is configured as "with connectors" and not "connectorless".
Connectorless means that the IGPU will NOT be be used to physically output to a screen but only used for encode & decode functions.

Last edited:
Hello, yes I'm happy now I can live without HDMI, I can use a HDMI to DP Adapter for use my KWM Switcher.
I've not updated the vbios, I'd bought the card 3 weeds ago on Amazon.

I put here my rom vbios file for if there is a solution at all.
Thanks very much.
I checked your ROM and it's same as mine - same connector configurations.
So I am lost as to why your HDMI ports are not working.

I tried to reproduce your problem on my system: I used iMac14,2 profile; disabled the IGPU and connected two HDMI monitors to the two HDMI ports. Both ports work fine: one shows the loading bar during boot and the other is blank. When finished booting, I get a login screen screen (on the one that was showing the loading bar) and the other just displays the desktop image until I login. All normal.

I even loaded your ROM via Clover (in Graphics->LoadVBios=YES; EFI/CLOVER/ROM/1002_67DF.rom) and connected both my HDMI monitors to the two HDMI ports on the RX580. Both work fine.

The only thing I can suggest is to try a different HDMI cable AND a different HDMI screen.
I assume you are testing this WITHOUT using a KWM Switcher ???

Last edited:
The only thing I can suggest is to try a different HDMI cable AND a different HDMI screen.
I assume you are testing this WITHOUT using a KWM Switcher ???
Hello, thenks for your reply, yes without and with KVM with differents HDMI cables, so I'd bought a new HDMI to HDMI cable and nothing all is thye same.
Perhaps could be that my graphics card is configured on the BIOS as PEG instead IGFX?.
Althought today did arrived my DP to HDMI adapter and now I'm using my KVM normally.

Thanks to all for our help.

Hello, thenks for your reply, yes without and with KVM with differents HDMI cables, so I'd bought a new HDMI to HDMI cable and nothing all is thye same.
Perhaps could be that my graphics card is configured on the BIOS as PEG instead IGFX?.
Althought today did arrived my DP to HDMI adapter and now I'm using my KVM normally.

Thanks to all for our help.
BIOS setting for AMD should be set to PEG (or Primary) and the IGPU should be EITHER disabled or ENABLED depending on whether you need Intel Quick Sync Video (IQSV) or not. IQSV is required for FCPX to encode H.264.
You have disabled your IGPU.

Good luck.

EDIT (DELETED):
i read the whole thread again. it seems i have the exact same problem as @djturbo plus the DVI.
Which means 2xHDMI and 1x DVI does not work.
The symptoms are exactly the same as djturbo's
Everything works great on windows.
@macnb if you could please take a look at my PC's ioreg and see if you can spot anything, i would be obliged.

Attachments

• Pans Mac Pro.zip
    933.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
EDIT (DELETED):
i read the whole thread again. it seems i have the exact same problem as @djturbo plus the DVI.
Which means 2xHDMI and 1x DVI does not work.
The symptoms are exactly the same as djturbo's
Everything works great on windows.
@macnb if you could please take a look at my PC's ioreg and see if you can spot anything, i would be obliged.

I have the same problem. I see from your ioreg that you also need to rename NPE3.display@0 to something like NPE3.GFX2 for it to work with MacNB SSDT. I added some info in this thread... #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back