CPU
i7 6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 & GTX 960M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, today arrived my new graphic card, a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580, I've used until now a ASUS Geforce GTX 760 on OS X High Sierra 10.13.6 without nvidia drivers, only native os x drivers.

When I've tried to start my hackintosh, before the apple logo progress bar loadedr, the two screens connected to the HDMI and DP port turned black.

I've tried:
1. lilu and Whathevergreen kexts inside clover/kexts/other --> Not luck
2. config.plist -> Graphics -> radeomDnInit --> Not luck (removed lilu and WhatheverGreen kexts)
3. smbios with IMac 14.2 definition --> Not luck.

I can not start in safe mode neither from usb boot loader, only can start my computer using vindows 10

What can i do?
Thanks very much.

I've discovered that if connects the monitors to the DP ports, its run correctly or that look like.
If the monitors are connected to the HDMI ports then the monitors go to sleep. Diving for the forums the problem is that the AMD Radeon Frame Buffer by default is not working properly, I've seen that the more appropriate for my Nitro+ RX 580 is the orinoco (5) ports frame buffer.
Orinoco (5) @ 0x66750
DP, DP, HDMI, HDMI, DVI-D

I've try to follow any guide for resolve this one but when I decompile my card VBios it says that is not an Atom VBios: uhhh, u sure that is an AtomBIOS?
Can I path only the orinoco buffer without touch de ROM?, if it can, How I do that?
Can anybody helpme please?

I put here my IORegistry and clover, thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 178
  • IORegistry_02_11_2018.zip
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
@macnb I've seen you have the same card than me, can you tell me how to path my framebuffer to orinoco?
Thanks.

@macnb I've seen you have the same card than me, can you tell me how to path my framebuffer to orinoco?
Thanks.
With the latest High Sierra update, you should not need any SSDT for RX580 or frambuffer patches as it works with any hacks (RadeonDeInit, or Whatevergreen, SSDT's, etc).

Looking at your IOREG, macos is picking the default RadeonFrameBuffer and not Orinoco because your SSDT-RX580.aml is not being injected by Clover (because it's is not listed in your config.plist ACPI->SSDT->SortedOrder->SSDT-RX580.aml).
But that does not matter because default frame buffer matches the RX580 ports (except for the extra port which does not matter).
The default frame buffer is good enough and there are no performance issues with it and there is no need for Orinoco framebuffer.

The other problem is that your DSDT has a GFX0 device with connection-type for each port which are ALL set to 00080000 which is HDMI. Even though that is incorrect, they do not seem to have been set to HDMI (according to your IOREG). I have corrected your DSDT.aml (see attached one and rename it to DSDT.aml).

Also, if you really want Orinoco frame buffer, then see attached config file Graphics section. Inject ATI=YES, FBName=Orinoco and VideoPorts=5. You are not using the Intel IGPU so there's no need to set Inject Intel=YES.

Try the attached and report back with IOREG, config.plist and clover log (output of bdmesg command).

Attachments

• macnb-config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 277
  • MacNB-DSDT.aml
    5.5 KB · Views: 277
With the latest High Sierra update, you should not need any SSDT for RX580 or frambuffer patches as it works with any hacks (RadeonDeInit, or Whatevergreen, SSDT's, etc).

Looking at your IOREG, macos is picking the default RadeonFrameBuffer and not Orinoco because your SSDT-RX580.aml is not being injected by Clover (because it's is not listed in your config.plist ACPI->SSDT->SortedOrder->SSDT-RX580.aml).
But that does not matter because default frame buffer matches the RX580 ports (except for the extra port which does not matter).
The default frame buffer is good enough and there are no performance issues with it and there is no need for Orinoco framebuffer.

The other problem is that your DSDT has a GFX0 device with connection-type for each port which are ALL set to 00080000 which is HDMI. Even though that is incorrect, they do not seem to have been set to HDMI (according to your IOREG). I have corrected your DSDT.aml (see attached one and rename it to DSDT.aml).

Also, if you really want Orinoco frame buffer, then see attached config file Graphics section. Inject ATI=YES, FBName=Orinoco and VideoPorts=5. You are not using the Intel IGPU so there's no need to set Inject Intel=YES.

Try the attached and report back with IOREG, config.plist and clover log (output of bdmesg command).

Oooh, very very thanks for your reply, I'm going to try it and back here with the result.
Best regards, I wish you a nice day.

Hello again, I've try your solution but not luck for me, I've connected the HDMI wired and when the apple progressbar reach the 100% the screen turn black and the pc is not responding, I've change your DSDT for the mine and change the config.plist configuration sith the one you have proposed to me.
I've push F4 on clover startup for generate new DSDT.aml in the origin folder, perhap you can see anything else more with this one, put the IORegistry and the clover folder so you can see it here. (Excuse my english).
Very thanks again for your help.
Best regards.

Attachments

• CLOVER-03-10-2018.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • IORegistry_03_10_2018.ioreg
    7.9 MB · Views: 206
Hello again, I've try your solution but not luck for me, I've connected the HDMI wired and when the apple progressbar reach the 100% the screen turn black and the pc is not responding, I've change your DSDT for the mine and change the config.plist configuration with the one you have proposed to me.

Your IOREG now shows that Orinoco framebuffer is in use and has TWO displays connected to both the DISPLAYPORT connectors (not the HDMI). This also means that the new config.plist and DSDT are "working".
Are you using displayport to HDMI adapter ?
What spec are your monitors ?

You did not provide the Clover log (by running the bdmesg command in Terminal)

What KEXTs are you installing in:
/Library/Extensions ???
/System/Library/Extensions ???

I've push F4 on clover startup for generate new DSDT.aml in the origin folder, perhap you can see anything else more with this one, put the IORegistry and the clover folder so you can see it here. (Excuse my english).
Very thanks again for your help.
Best regards.
Pressing F4 in Clover produces RAW ACPI Tables and does NOT generate a DSDT.aml that is properly patched for your motherboard. So, where did you get the current DSDT.aml from ?

Your IOREG now shows that Orinoco framebuffer is in use and has TWO displays connected to both the DISPLAYPORT connectors (not the HDMI). This also means that the new config.plist and DSDT are "working".
Are you using displayport to HDMI adapter ?
What spec are your monitors ?

You did not provide the Clover log (by running the bdmesg command in Terminal)

What KEXTs are you installing in:
/Library/Extensions ???
/System/Library/Extensions ???

Pressing F4 in Clover produces RAW ACPI Tables and does NOT generate a DSDT.aml that is properly patched for your motherboard. So, where did you get the current DSDT.aml from ?

Hello, my monitors are:
1. ASUS VG248 (DISPLAY PORT TO DISPLAY PORT WIRED) :
  • Ultra smooth action with 144Hz rapid refresh rate and 1ms (GTG) response time
  • Full HD 1920x1080, 80,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio, and 350cd/m² of brightness for like-like visuals
  • A comfortable viewing experience with ergonomic tilt, swivel pivot, and height adjustment
  • Featuring DisplayPort, Dual-link DVI-D, and HDMI ports for multi device connections
  • Built-in 2W stereo speakers for an immersive home entertainment experience
2. SAMSUMG 2MBX2231 (HDMI TO DISPLAY PORT WIRED):
(21.5"), 1920 x 1080 Pixeles, Full HD, 2 ms, Negro)

I've made two files with the output of the bdmesg command and ls on the library/extensions directory, in this folder is where I've installed all the patches kext I've needed.
The DSDT that i'm using is generated automatically using the script from
al3xtjames/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-macOS-Install

I know that you can not use directally the .aml generated by clover, you need to use ias and MACIASL for generate this one.

Very, very, very thanks for your help, what you do haven't got price.
If you need any else, plese tell me it.
Best regards.

Attachments

• library-extensions-folder-kexts.txt
    596 bytes · Views: 233
  • clover-output.log.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 80
Hello, my monitors are:
1. ASUS VG248 (DISPLAY PORT TO DISPLAY PORT WIRED)
2. SAMSUMG 2MBX2231 (HDMI TO DISPLAY PORT WIRED)

So... You plug the first asus monitor into the first DP on the RX580 (using a DP cable) and the Samasung into second DP (using a DP-to-HDMI converter) ??
...that is what your IOREG is showing.

When you boot, please explain what exactly you see on each screen.
Clearly one of your screen is working (otherwise you not have been able to provide the logs, etc). Right ?
What happens if you connect the samsung screen directly to the first HDMI port on the RX580 (using an HDMI cable)?
What happens if you connect BOTH screens to the two HDMI ports directly (using HDMI cables)?

I've made two files with the output of the bdmesg command and ls on the library/extensions directory, in this folder is where I've installed all the patches kext I've needed.

They look fine as working.

The DSDT that i'm using is generated automatically using the script from
al3xtjames/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-macOS-Install

I know that you can not use directally the .aml generated by clover, you need to use ias and MACIASL for generate this one.
Your generated DSDT.aml is a stripped down and patched version of what's in the BIOS but ok.

So... You plug the first asus monitor into the first DP on the RX580 (using a DP cable) and the Samasung into second DP (using a DP-to-HDMI converter) ??
...that is what your IOREG is showing.

Clearly one of your screen is working (otherwise you not have been able to provide the logs, etc). Right ?
What happens if you connect the samsung screen directly to the first HDMI port on the RX580 (using an HDMI cable)?
What happens if you connect BOTH screens to the two HDMI ports directly (using HDMI cables)?

They look fine as working.

Your generated DSDT.aml is a stripped down and patched version of what's in the BIOS but ok.
...that is what your IOREG is showing
Yes that's it correct.

When I boot and the ASUS Screen is plugged with the HDMI connector on to the card and the SAMSUNG with HDMI to DP (DP side connected to the card), the two screen shows the black screen with the apple and the progress bar in midle, when the progress get finish, two screen get black and the cpu fan continue spinning anything is working less the screens.

If I connect ASUS Screen with DP to DP and SAMSUNG with the HDMI to the DP both DP to the card, all is ok and smooth.

this two questions in a while test it and turn here for said yout the results.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back