Contribute
Register

Black screen with prompt only. Chameleon works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Strix z390-i
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I have SL working on one HD. Used xMove to create the installation partition on the second sata HD and installed latest chimera to that partition.

When I boot with first HD, I get chameleon working and am able to boot into SL but not into installer partition.

When I boot with second HD, I get a black screen with a blinking _, just that.

Did I do something wrong while installing Chimera? I tried both from the standalone installer and from MultiBeast.

I have found that there is a problem with at least the latest chimera/multibeast version. If you use it to install the bootloader on a drive that has never had another bootloader on it, it seems to not install correctly the early boot modules, and simply hangs at a blank screen or cursor, never showing the chimera boot screen.

I discovered this while setting up a new machine over the weekend.

Though i have been using chimera since its start, it has perhaps always been installed over an existing bootloader (usually chameleon or an earlier chimera). This is the first time i have done a fresh install in a while.

I got it to work by using a chameleon installer first from the rc5 thread on insanelymac. Then installing chimera on top of that and the bootloader works fine then. manual install should also work. But please address this issue in multibeast's chimera installer.

Thanks,
[g]

hello

Can you confirm that I can install Mac OS on the Asus Rampage (x48)?

Is it true that the harddrive must be connected at the Sata Port 0 and only 2GB of RAM are allowed to intall Mac OS??

Christoph

Well, I have been running Snow Leopard for 2+ years now, more stable than windows on my rampage formula x48.

I am having problem installing Lion. The installation process gets stuck at the screen with a colored mouse cursor. It does not crash or panic, but after waiting 20 minutes I restarted, waited again a few times, tried safe mode, but still the same. I did report it here because it was off-topic.

OK Thanks
So Snow Leopard should work (Chameleon RC5 ). Which Soundcard are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back