Contribute
Register

Black Screen with 10 GbE card installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why the Syba would cause black screen. I have the same care and have tried it on a bunch of motherboards and it never caused black screen.

Please try this config.plist with the EFI I posted earlier.
Working on it... Clover is now just freezing at the load screen as soon as I select a drive to boot from?

Working on it... Clover is now just freezing at the load screen as soon as I select a drive to boot from?

I didn't make any changes that can cause that....

Man, what have I gotten myself into...

If everything was working before the Syba card, pulling it should have returned the system to its previous state.

If pulling it didn't help, something else is wrong.

Alright @pastrychef, so I had to make a clean install of Mojave on a spare NVMe drive I had around to access my old Mojave drive to clean up the EFI. This one is working fine with all cards installed - Wifi & Syba. 10GbE functioning as it should. Currently trying to fix the old one to see if I can get it back up and running with the Syba card in.

EDIT: SOLVED! Had some outdated kexts in /L/E that were causing this. Deleted them and bam, we're back!

Morning @pastrychef, so when I use your EFI, or the EFI from the new backup Mojave install, I get a similar kernel panic on boot. Here's the screen (only thing that really changes is the list of boot args). Any ideas? If I use my old EFI backup from before all this happened I can get back into my old Mojave drive (without the 10GgE card...)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 11.08.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 11.08.42 AM.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
EDIT: SOLVED! Had some outdated kexts in /L/E that were causing this. Deleted them and bam, we're back!

Morning @pastrychef, so when I use your EFI, or the EFI from the new backup Mojave install, I get a similar kernel panic on boot. Here's the screen (only thing that really changes is the list of boot args). Any ideas? If I use my old EFI backup from before all this happened I can get back into my old Mojave drive (without the 10GgE card...)

Don't install hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/ or /System/Library/Extensions/.

I don't know what VegaGraphicsFixup.kext is or what it does. I've never used it.

Don't install hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/ or /System/Library/Extensions/.

I don't know what VegaGraphicsFixup.kext is or what it does. I've never used it.
Yeah, I think those were from a long time ago that I put there foolishly. Taken care of now. Thanks again for all your help!

Yeah, I think those were from a long time ago that I put there foolishly. Taken care of now. Thanks again for all your help!
Spoke too soon :( The issue I'm having now is that the setup is not working with multiple monitors plugged in. PCI Bandwidth issue? I have the 10GbE card in my PCI x4 slot (the GPU is in PCI x16 and the wifi card is PCI-E x1)

I have the 10GbE card in my PCI x4 slot (the GPU is in PCI x16 and the wifi card is PCI-E x1)
Disable the wireless module in the BIOS settings.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 18.58.06.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back