Contribute
Register

Black Screen with 10 GbE card installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delete the Atheros kext.
I don't know why it's detecting two ethernet ports if your Syba card is not installed.
When I removed the card, it was just hanging on en0 with no mention of en1. I tried blocking the Atheros kext from the Clover load screen, but am still getting the hang at the same point (also tried blocking all the ethernet kexts but same thing). I assume I'll need my boot usb to go in and delete that kext manually? Any other suggestions?

When I removed the card, it was just hanging on en0 with no mention of en1. I tried blocking the Atheros kext from the Clover load screen, but am still getting the hang at the same point (also tried blocking all the ethernet kexts but same thing). I assume I'll need my boot usb to go in and delete that kext manually? Any other suggestions?

You have hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/ or /System/Library/Extensions/? If yes, please delete them.

You don't need the Atheros kext. I just put it I there because you had it in your original EFI. Then when I looked at the specs of your motherboard, you don't have any Atheros ethernet controller...

You have hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/ or /System/Library/Extensions/? If yes, please delete them.

You don't need the Atheros kext. I just put it I there because you had it in your original EFI. Then when I looked at the specs of your motherboard, you don't have any Atheros ethernet controller...
I shouldn't have anything in those folders but I'll check. I'm still locked out of my Mojave drive with that black screen no matter what kexts I disable/flags I add when booting. I can try to go into the recovery partition and use terminal to delete them ? Can I access Atheros in my EFI through that?

I shouldn't have anything in those folders but I'll check. I'm still locked out of my Mojave drive with that black screen no matter what kexts I disable/flags I add when booting. I can try to go into the recovery partition and use terminal to delete them ? Can I access Atheros in my EFI through that?

What connection are you using to connect your monitor? DisplayPort? HDMI? If using HDMI, try DisplayPort.

Are you able to ping the computer when it goes black screen? Can you SSH to it? Screen Share/VNC?

There are no "errors" in the verbose boot that you posted. I suspect it's fully booted and HDMI is causing your black screen.

What connection are you using to connect your monitor? DisplayPort? HDMI? If using HDMI, try DisplayPort.

Are you able to ping the computer when it goes black screen? Can you SSH to it? Screen Share/VNC?

There are no "errors" in the verbose boot that you posted. I suspect it's fully booted and HDMI is causing your black screen.
Using displayport. Once I get through the timeout for 5 minutes or so I can see my cursor on screen for just a second and then it disappears

Also, don't use the OpenIntelWireless drivers. The Fenvi cards should work with the native Wi-Fi drivers.

Using displayport. Once I get through the timeout for 5 minutes or so I can see my cursor on screen for just a second and then it disappears

Is your Vega set to be primary in BIOS? Have you tried toggling CSM support in BIOS? Have you tried disabling IGPU in BIOS?

Is your Vega set to be primary in BIOS? Have you tried toggling CSM support in BIOS? Have you tried disabling IGPU in BIOS?
Yes, yes, and yes... this setup was stable and running 4 displays just fine prior to me messing around with this 10 GbE card haha. I was able to boot into Mojave w/o 10 GbE card installed, w/ card installed I was getting a black screen. I then updated some kexts and now can't boot into mojave w/ or w/o 10GbE card.

Yes, yes, and yes... this setup was stable and running 4 displays just fine prior to me messing around with this 10 GbE card haha. I was able to boot into Mojave w/o 10 GbE card installed, w/ card installed I was getting a black screen. I then updated some kexts and now can't boot into mojave w/ or w/o 10GbE card.

I have no idea why the Syba would cause black screen. I have the same care and have tried it on a bunch of motherboards and it never caused black screen.

Please try this config.plist with the EFI I posted earlier.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back