i7-8700k (@4.7gHz)
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,
Working on installing the Syba 10 GbE PCI-e x4 card in my machine, but after the apple boot screen my monitor just goes black. No apparent kext failures in Verbose boot, pretty much the same readout as when the card is not installed. Any ideas what might be happening? EFI attached (could be a mess... sorry in advance).
Intel 8700k
AORUS Gaming 5 z370 Mobo
VEGA 64

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 55
My guess would be PCI bandwidth :

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 21.54.45.png

Hey all,
Working on installing the Syba 10 GbE PCI-e x4 card in my machine, but after the apple boot screen my monitor just goes black. No apparent kext failures in Verbose boot, pretty much the same readout as when the card is not installed. Any ideas what might be happening? EFI attached (could be a mess... sorry in advance).
Intel 8700k
AORUS Gaming 5 z370 Mobo
VEGA 64

Please try this and see if you still get black screen.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.9 MB · Views: 59
Please try this and see if you still get black screen.
Will do. Currently trying to just get things to boot after updating a few kexts (might have forgotten to update Clover after the kext updates, doh). Getting stuck on something related to Ethernet though - it hangs here for at least 5 minutes and then boots to another black screen (without the 10GbE card installed)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 5.44.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 5.44.59 PM.png
    11.4 MB · Views: 40
Will do. Currently trying to just get things to boot after updating a few kexts (might have forgotten to update Clover after the kext updates, doh). Getting stuck on something related to Ethernet though - it hangs here for at least 5 minutes and then boots to another black screen (without the 10GbE card installed)

What version of macOS are you running?

Delete the Atheros kext.

For that specific disk, Mojave 10.14.6

I don't know why it's detecting two ethernet ports if your Syba card is not installed.

I don't know why it's detecting two ethernet ports if your Syba card is not installed.
One of them is Wireless (doesn't the Intel Wifi kext work that way ?)

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 23.20.40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back