Contribute
Register

Black screen w/ Displayport on Intel HD 530 - works ok on HDMI - High Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX570
Hi all,

I recently sold my GTX 1060 and switched to the Intel HD 530 on 10.13.2; however, I've run into a problem. I was able to get the system working w/ full res (3440 x 1440) and acceleration on HDMI at 30hz, but I need to get Displayport working so I can output 60hz.

Relevant Specs:
  • Mobo: Asus Z170i
  • CPU: i3 6100 (Skylake)
  • Graphics: Intel HD 530
  • Monitor: Dell 3417 Ultrawide (3440 x 1440 resolution)
  • System Definition: iMac 14,2 (iCloud & Messages working perfect after posted fix)

Steps i've taken thus far;
  • Switched nVidia web driver to OSX, then uninstalled nVidia web driver via nVidia Driver Manager.
  • Added IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and updated Lilu.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/other
  • Rebuilt kernel cache: sudo kextcache -i /

The system boots fine w/ HDMI, but when I try to boot with DisplayPort, I get 2/3 through the Apple Logo and the screen turns black. It's not crashing as I can switch to my HDMI cable and use High Sierra just fine, I just can't get the DisplayPort to output anything after it boots.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Just for reference if it helps, current Kexts installed in EFI/Clover/kexts/other include: AtherosE2200Ethernet, FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll

Were you able to get it to wake from sleep at all? I'm on Sierra right now, but will update to High Sierra if that fixes the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back