Contribute
Register

Black screen on Internal Display, UHD 620, Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
1618726735915.png

try using these settings. also MacBook Pro 15,2 would be better choice of smbios for your processor and GPU.

@Mrgeque

SMBIOS changes could be a last resort to maybe get this working, yes...

But he already tried every single framebuffer, including 0x59160000. Slot-name and device_type are fully optional, and hdmi20 as well as lspcon are only interesting for resolutions greater than 1080p, thus I think this won't change much in this situation.

@Mrgeque

SMBIOS changes could be a last resort to maybe get this working, yes...

But he already tried every single framebuffer, including 0x59160000. Slot-name and device_type are fully optional, and hdmi20 as well as lspcon are only interesting for resolutions greater than 1080p, thus I think this won't change much in this situation.
actually 15,2 smbios is a better choice for the processor and iGPU type. although not the same laptop, this was a fix for a laptop with 1080p and uhd620. when I was doing trial and error, 15,2 was a better choice for Kabylake-R processor, as other things didn't work when using a newer smbios. although each situation is different, wouldn't hurt to try. also you can try to specify each connector BUSID as I have. without the connectors being specified in my case, nothing would work

Last edited:
@Mrgeque

BTW, I had a look at your Inspiron 7573 config, and tried your boot-args, SMBIOS, as well as the device-props for IGPU, but that only made it worse for me. The platform-id doesn't really work out, in the sense that my internal display goes black again when plugging in an external monitor. Also, no matter what I did, external monitor is still 2K max, although it's 4k.

What I want to say with all of this is, that it seems like even tho we have the exact same CPUs, there are still differences, because of the configuration around those. What a hard topic...

@Mrgeque

BTW, I had a look at your Inspiron 7573 config, and tried your boot-args, SMBIOS, as well as the device-props for IGPU, but that only made it worse for me. The platform-id doesn't really work out, in the sense that my internal display goes black again when plugging in an external monitor. Also, no matter what I did, external monitor is still 2K max, although it's 4k.

What I want to say with all of this is, that it seems like even tho we have the exact same CPUs, there are still differences, because of the configuration around those. What a hard topic...
when plugging in the HDMI, screen goes black? at that point did you try closing the lid a reopening it?

when plugging in the HDMI, screen goes black? at that point did you try closing the lid a reopening it?

Yep, I did, but I think the laptop just straight up crashed. As I've said, when using the proper framebuffer I do not experience this issue. Only thing left is, that after unplugging the cord, my laptop seems to crash again... xDD. The UHD 620 really sucks in regard to hackintoshing, wow...

Yep, I did, but I think the laptop just straight up crashed. As I've said, when using the proper framebuffer I do not experience this issue. Only thing left is, that after unplugging the cord, my laptop seems to crash again... xDD. The UHD 620 really sucks in regard to hackintoshing, wow...
that's sucks man. for me its totally the opposite. uhd620 works great with my 4k touch screen. I can even watch HDR 4K @60fps on YouTube. (which I never could before). for me it works great. really hope you sort it out

@Mrgeque

I still can't get over how we have the exact same GPUs, but such different experiences, xD. I will try to have a look at your config later this day again, maybe I've missed something.

@Mrgeque

I still can't get over how we have the exact same GPUs, but such different experiences, xD. I will try to have a look at your config later this day again, maybe I've missed something.
yea its kinda weird to me too. hopefully you did overlook something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back