i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 + GTX 1050 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi. I'm new here, and I apologize for something I have done wrong.

I have got a very annoying issue on my Medion laptop (yeah, Medion, probably not a known brand, but anyway.. :D). I have successfully installed Big Sur 11.2.3 on it using OC 0.6.8, actually, everything is working except the internal display. I'm able to use it with my real MacBook Pro (using remote access), it's just the internal screen not displaying anything. No matter what I've tried, it simply does not work. It's so frustrating. I mean: WiFi, BT, Sound (speakers and mic), QE/CI/acceleration on remote access, Sleep, brightness control (yeah, it works, it's changing the brightness on this black screen), everything else. even battery readouts work perfectly fine.

The hardware:

Intel Core i5-8250U CPU, 4x 1,6GHz up to 3,4GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
UHD 620 Graphics + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB (disabled with SSDT-dGPU-off)
15,6" 1920x1080 display
Windows 10 on 512GB SSD, Big Sur 11.2 on a secondary 500GB SSHD (Hybrid-Disk)

I'll provide more information, if needed. Or some files such as the EFI folder.

Thanks in advance,
Moon

Please share your DeviceProperties section, so I can have a look at your fb-patching.

@xMooN

Does the attached EFI change anything regarding your black screen? BTW, do you have any options to change DVMT prealloc in BIOS?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.1 MB · Views: 90
@xMooN

I'd suggest you try all possible framebuffer ids applicable for your generation of processors, which happens to be the same as mine.

Have a look at the image. The red notes are what it did for me, could be a whole other story for you. Just change the platform-id data value, keep the rest how it is. Keep in mind that you have to byte-reverse the ids.

592700009 is 09002759, so start from the back and rearrange them in packs of two.

It takes some time to try all ids, sure, it's painstaking, but you may find a framebuffer that works for you.

Well, I have tried every single framebuffer, but none of them have actually worked. Oh, and if graphics acceleration is not enabled, the internal display works perfectly, just having 7MB VRAM though.

@xMooN

Ouch, sorry to hear that, :(. Have you tried just keeping unifiedmem and removing fb and stolen? But yeah, I think you need to increase that DVMT. What exact model laptop do you own?

It's a Medion Erazer P6689. I'm sorry to say that, but there's nothing available on the internet regarding hackintosh on this laptop. I never tried to remove fb and stolenmem. I think that I need connector patches, but I don't know where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back