Contribute
Register

Black Screen On Boot - Unable to Disable graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. So far it looks good. I'll report back in a while. Can you tell me what you've changed?
The only thing, I've noticed so far, is that my bluetooth mouse has lost the connection after a few minutes. But that had happened some times before.

No, unfortunately, it didn't help. I left my hackintosh for 2 hours, and after I woke it up the screen stayed black. I also couldn't log in by simply typing in the password.

Thanks to derma @ hackintosh-forum.de, I found a solution:
I set darkwake=1 und nv_spanmodepolicy=1 in clover (at first, the hackintosh woke up immediately after going to sleep, but after 3 reboots, it suddenly worked).
Maybe it helps someone.

For some odd reason after I had done this

when you boot up to the black screen type the first letter of you user name and hit enter then type your password and hit enter and see if it takes you to the desktop

I never had this issue again...

If I see that I have the issue again i'll try some of the fixes in this thread but i'm afraid to start messing with it for fear of throwing something out of whack.

Thank you again for all your help on this! I'm so happy to have my rig back with minimal effort :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back