Contribute
Register

Black Screen On Boot - Unable to Disable graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where or how to locate the information you need carpentry, can you please tell me where to find those things?

The hardware I have is:
Mobo: GA-H97M-D3H
CPU: i5-4590
Graphics: GeForce GT 740 x2 (Dual Cards w/ 3 displays)
System Definitions: Mac 14,2
Sorry I was on a mobile device and couldn't see it

alright give me a few moments to see what is going on and ill be back with you

Here you go, I put both files into that zip.

Sorry but I do need just one more thing I forgot to mention. I need you OEM ACPI tables(DSDT,SSDT). I need them like this too shutdown the computer remove one card and reboot and get the ACPI tables, Then shutdown again and uninstall that card and reinstall the other card and restart and get the ACPI tables again I know it seem weird but its a must keep in mind use the slots they are always in
To get them boot to the clover screen and hold F4 for 5 seconds it will dump them in to
/Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin
if using a UEFI boot loader and
/YourHDName/EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin
if using a legacy boot loader

just post a compressed form of the origin folder

I need this to get started

Last edited:
also notice you haven't got power management implemented yet I suggest you run PikeRAlpha's ssdtPRGen to get power management working it willl generate you a ssdt then you can place it into the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/clover/ACPI/Patched
folder to be loaded at boot up to fix this for you

Thanks for your help. Here are the files.

Hardware:
Board
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H

CPU
Intel i7 4770S

Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750 OC

HDD
SAMSUNG MZHPV256HDGL-00000

Monitor
LG 31MU97-B , 4096x2160 Pixel
and
Fujitsu Siemens S20-1W, 1680 x 1050

Thanks for your help. Here are the files.

Hardware:
Board
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H

CPU
Intel i7 4770S

Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750 OC

HDD
SAMSUNG MZHPV256HDGL-00000

Monitor
LG 31MU97-B , 4096x2160 Pixel
and
Fujitsu Siemens S20-1W, 1680 x 1050
have you installed the Nvida web driver that is the only way that card will work there is no native support for that card

@digifreak you also don't have power management implemented i recommend you get this fixed with the same method I stated earlier

have you installed the Nvida web driver that is the only way that card will work there is no native support for that card
Yes, I installed the driver WebDriver-367.15.10.25f01 (I've always had some problems since my first build, one year ago. I started from the scratch 6 month ago, the problems almost stoped but since 10.12.2 I had more trouble with the graphic card again. Sometimes it helps when I reboot in save mode once).

Thanks for your help!

Yes, I installed the driver WebDriver-367.15.10.25f01 (I've always had some problems since my first build, one year ago. I started from the scratch 6 month ago, the problems almost stoped but since 10.12.2 I had more trouble with the graphic card again. Sometimes it helps when I reboot in save mode once).

Thanks for your help!

Install this DSDT into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
and report back it should also add HDMI audio for you make sure you aren't using injectNvidia=True in config.plist

And run PikeRAlpha's ssdtPRGen script and install that ssdt into the same folder for working power management

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    70.3 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back