Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SONY VAIO E14 SVE14A390X
CPU
i7-3632QM/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, HD 7670M
So tonight I decided to upgrade from 11.11.1 to 11.11.2 since the new drivers came out.
After doing so, I loaded back up and everything seemed fine. Watched netflix for a while, then suddenly the screen went black.
Now every time I load up, boot sequence gets about 1/2 way and the screen goes completely black, as if the graphics card just turns itself off. Anyone know what could be causing this? Or how I can go about fixing it?
Thanks.

thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to be it. It's still there. However, i only seem to be able to boot with nv_disable=1. So it seems to be an issue with the new Nvidia driver.

The drivers work fine. Make sure the card is seated properly and that the power cables are plugged in all the way. Make sure that the bootflag nvda_drv=1 is in your config.

What system profile are you using?

The drivers work fine. Make sure the card is seated properly and that the power cables are plugged in all the way. Make sure that the bootflag nvda_drv=1 is in your config.

What system profile are you using?

I'm currently using MacPro 3,1 system profile

The card boots fine with Nv_disable=1, just can't get it working with the drivers.
Nvda_drv=1 is indeed in my config.
I've seen that I'm not the only one affected by this, not the only card either. On one of the other threads you responded to, you mentioned that person was injecting Nvidia, so I checked if I was and it's marked false as well.

I'm currently using MacPro 3,1 system profile

The card boots fine with Nv_disable=1, just can't get it working with the drivers.
Nvda_drv=1 is indeed in my config.
I've seen that I'm not the only one affected by this, not the only card either. On one of the other threads you responded to, you mentioned that person was injecting Nvidia, so I checked if I was and it's marked false as well.

What version of the driver do you have installed?

Post your config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back