Graphics
EVGA GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After updating to 10.9.2, and if I leave my PC on for a long time, eventually I will get a black screen with only the mouse visible and controllable. This didn't start happening until after I updated. Any ideas?

i7 4770k
GTX460

Any ideas?

@MysticalOS

The motherboard is: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
Which kexts should I be copying over?

No, I'm not using an NEC monitor. It's an Apple Cinema 20" from 2006.

@MysticalOS

I replaced IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform (you said AppleACPIFamily but that didn't exist so I'm assuming you really meant Platform).

For the record, AppleACPIPlatform.kext does not appear to have changed with the 10.9.2 update, but I went ahead and replaced it anyway.

Here are a list of kexts that Apple appears to have changed with the 10.9.2 update:

System.kext
IONDRVSupport.kext
IOGraphicsFamily.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext

Also, be advised that my installation was "operational" after the update. I would only get the black screen with only mouse pointer issue after my computer had been on for 24+ hrs. Does this change your advice?

I was asking about Nec monitors because people have reported to Apple the same bahaviour on real macs (after 10.9.2 update) as you describe is happening to yours while using (mostly) Nec monitors. Sometimes it's just Apple fault that something might not work :)

Any response MysticalOS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back