Graphics
HD5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi , i use HD5770 with an monitor only has display port . what should i do ,if i want to install the lion. the install go to the black screen after the white apple logo ...

i followed the Xmove+muiltbust..

thanks

besee said:
hi , i use HD5770 with an monitor only has display port . what should i do ,if i want to install the lion. the install go to the black screen after the white apple logo ...

i followed the Xmove+muiltbust..

thanks

What brand of Card are you using?

On some 5770 w/ mini display port (and probably normal display port too), one gets the black screen (10.6.8, 10.7.x) after apple logo behavior with the normal kexts.

There is a fix, but BACK UP FIRST

The solution is (I didn't figure this out):

1. Find the ATI5000Controller.kext file in System/Library/Extensions on your hard drive.
2. Open the kext with a text editor, and change Langur to Vervet.
3. Save the file back to S/L/E
4. Run multibeast and select only System Utilities (basically, you want to repair permissions and rebuild the caches... which this selection does).
5. Reboot, and cross fingers.

Works for me.

Thanks, justruss, for providing this solution here. As a nice side effect the OpenGL performance nearly tripled....

I tried editing the kext and upon reboot I get a kernel panic.I tried rebooting again and now I'm stuck at the white apple screen. Any suggestions? Sad part is I had it running with vgi at first but the I tried using a mini display to hdmi port. Now I'm getting the same result regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back