Contribute
Register

Black screen coming back from Display sleep (sometimes)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Brix GB-BXi3H-4010
CPU
Intel Core i3
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Since upgrading to 10.9.5 and NVidia Web drivers I experience occasional black screen when the display comes back from sleep. Computer sleeping is disabled, display sleep is set to 10 min. The computer is still on (I can start/stop songs in iTunes etc.), but the screen is black. This doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be annoying. A restart brings back the display.

No particularly enlightening messages in Console.

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760.
334.01.03f01 NVidia drive (given as "up to date" in Control Panel)
Standard Unibeast/Multibeast setup

Any suggestions?

Same! I'm using Displayport and the screen is always just black after waking from screen sleep.

I have to disconnect and reconnect the monitor to rewake it.

I know this is an old thread, but I have been running into a similar issue on my ancient (yet still surprisingly kick-ass) Mac Pro 3,1 running El Cap 10.11.6 with a Non-flashed GTX750Ti (I actually had worse problems - when turning on the display it used to reboot the machine - since upgrading NVidia to 346.03.15f09) ... I have 'er going through Displayport to HDMI to a TV, and yes: I am getting 4k at 60Hz with no extra power cables and the standard web drivers!!! The last pain point for me was the need to disconnect and reconnect the TV whenever I turned it on and the machine was already running (which it always is) - just like Dafz mentioned.

My fix: created a keyboard shortcut to sleep the display immediately, when I run that when looking at the black screen then hit another key: boom - display is back.

Hope this helps SOMEONE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back