Contribute
Register

Black screen but OS clearly loaded after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEG 1.3.4 solved my black screen issues after update 10.15.1.

same issue upgrading from 10.15.0 to 10.15.2 why do I need to muck around with non tonymac software..

same issue upgrading from 10.15.0 to 10.15.2 why do I need to muck around with non tonymac software..

You can get it here on Tonymac, go to downloads section. Use it with lilukext as well, it’s required for WEG.

You can get it here on Tonymac, go to downloads section. Use it with lilukext as well, it’s required for WEG.

Thanks anyways...

So it's all hearsay as there is no authoritative way to do things anymore, Tonymac's download section does not have the latest versions which "folks talk about". Using clover 5101 ensures I cannot even use agdpmod=pikera to get my system up. go figure folks talking is cheap then....

I did have another drive with an older clover 4934 to manually enter agdpmod=pikera

But I am at a loss this was a bad idea moving to catalina, my vega56 card seems to perfer to display a blank screen with 10.15.2

Thanks anyways...

So it's all hearsay as there is no authoritative way to do things anymore, Tonymac's download section does not have the latest versions which "folks talk about". Using clover 5101 ensures I cannot even use agdpmod=pikera to get my system up. go figure folks talking is cheap then....

I did have another drive with an older clover 4934 to manually enter agdpmod=pikera

But I am at a loss this was a bad idea moving to catalina, my vega56 card seems to perfer to display a blank screen with 10.15.2

HDMI or DisplayPort? Catalina messes with ports for AMD cards. That’s why WEG is recommenced.

Pikera isn't needed unless using WEG.
The older WEG works with it. We tested it in 15.2 with the RX5700 cards.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a valid message.

Last edited:
When is Tonymacx86 going to release Multibeast for Catalina?
I don't care to bork my system using non official Tonymac86 tools.
This site is dead?

When is Tonymacx86 going to release Multibeast for Catalina?
I don't care to bork my system using non official Tonymac86 tools.
This site is dead?
We're dealing with Apple's new policy for Apple approved apps. See

Work arounds have taken longer.

Yup... like an idiot.. I tried it again. The strangest thing is.. first time.. it boots all the way. I'm to the Catalina homescreen.. everything working perfectly. Reboot.. and get the start up.. and black screens. I just don't get it. Help!

Yup... like an idiot.. I tried it again. The strangest thing is.. first time.. it boots all the way. I'm to the Catalina homescreen.. everything working perfectly. Reboot.. and get the start up.. and black screens. I just don't get it. Help!
p.s. -- it's totally booted up. I use a keyboard and mouse sharing program..it's working. I put in my password and logged in.. the HD did plenty. There is just no display on the reboot. Tried the pikera trick.. must be a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back