CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there.. you see my set up in the description. This rig has worked flawlessly. Just updated to Beta 2. Everything starts up fine.. except the monitor shuts off and there is no display. The computer is clearly all the way booted up and is not bricked.. just not sending the correct info to my monitors. I tried rescue -- that didn't help either. Got some weird "could not create a preboot volume for apfs install" message. Anyone else running into this? Any setting in clover I can change to get it to display?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: This problem is fixed now! Read below Thx

I think I have the same issue. But I am stuck at the end of the Catalina installation, like right before the set up. I am currently using HDMI supported monitor as the DP connection is not working. I have been searching and trying different methods right now to solve this BLANK SCREEN problem but no avail. Can somebody help?

My specs are
- 5960x
- x99 Asus Sabertooth
- NVME 500gb (using PCIe card, NOT using M.2)
- 32gb Ballistix Crucial
- Radeon Vega 56 8gb

Last edited:
Edit: It is working now. In deed the culprit was "whatevergreen.kext". I had to make new bootable USB along with required kexts and after deleting "whatevergreen.kext", it is now working! Thx you all.

Tried removing the whatevergreen.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ but still not working.

Last edited:
what ports are you on your video card are you using ?

I went back to Mojove. Needed this computer working. Catalina looks great but can't have this issue. Thanks for trying!

put whatevergreen back in place
add boot flag agdpmod=pikera

put whatevergreen back in place
add boot flag agdpmod=pikera
I did not have WhateverGreen.kext installed, but I also observed the black screen issue before the login screen appears. Your method fixed my problem, I am able to boot into the latest Catalina 10.15.1 Beta again, thank you very much!

I will try this
I'd like to be on the latest and greatest.. but, not at the cost of losing the puter again.

Hi all, I have the same problem. I ran the update to Catalina 10.15.1 and have a black screen after loading screen.

I understand updating WhateverGreen.kext may do the trick, is this correct?

If so, how can I update the file? Is it possible to do so from the terminal in recovery mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back