RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,
When I upgraded to 10.15.4 my hack goes into blackscreen at the very end of the boot.
The OS is running and I can log in to the screen through another mac but the local monitor is off.
I believe I used to be able to address this with AGDPfix, but when I run this now I get a "system/Library/Extention/ :read only file-system" error (pic #1)
Attached also my EFI folder.
Would love some help.

Running Imac 14,2 definition
(I do not have my Radeon RX580 installed as it was also stopping boot, but one thing at a time).
I appreciate any help you can offer.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.27.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.27.20 AM.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.33.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.33.55 AM.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 36
  • EFIcopy.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 53
Update.
I noticed the login screen shows up briefly before the monitor turns off.
Mac is still accessible via share screen from another mac.
Help?

use different smbios and remove those nonsense kexts you dont need. read the framebuffer patching guide with whatevergreen or do not use it at all. your GPU will work OOB

use different smbios and remove those nonsense kexts you dont need. read the framebuffer patching guide with whatevergreen or do not use it at all. your GPU will work OOB
Thanks for your feedback.
I would love to, but sadly do not know how to figure out which are the nonsense kexts versus the no-nonsense ones. Though I have been using hacks for 10 years I don't really understand how they work. I just follow the instructions and tinker, which leads to successes and failures.
Any help appreciated in identifying these errors.
My understanding was that I needed whatevergreen and lilu. no?

if you get proper SMBIOS config then with your GPU there is a chance that it will work without any aditional kext. But it is hard to experiment if you do not know what you are doing. If you have an Intel NIC then the selected kexts you do not need if you use SMBIOS iMac PRO 1,1
change the CsrActiveConfig to value 0x67
remove/disable temporarily the AGD patch
also remove the -disablegfxfirmware boot flag from your config
remove the RadeonDeinit

and try to boot

you will still need to do the USB config afterwards

then try to remove these kexts as you do not need them. test afterwards
1590991605160.png

if you get proper SMBIOS config then with your GPU there is a chance that it will work without any aditional kext. But it is hard to experiment if you do not know what you are doing. If you have an Intel NIC then the selected kexts you do not need if you use SMBIOS iMac PRO 1,1
change the CsrActiveConfig to value 0x67
remove/disable temporarily the AGD patch
also remove the -disablegfxfirmware boot flag from your config
remove the RadeonDeinit

and try to boot

you will still need to do the USB config afterwards

then try to remove these kexts as you do not need them. test afterwards
View attachment 472983
Thanks for your reply. Since I can access the hack using the share screen feature, should I do this directly on the hack using clover configurator?
re the ethernet, I use the onboard ethernet that comes with this board, which according to the specs is a "Killer E2201 LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)"

@theruck
I realized if I use these instructions to change SMBIOS and disconnect from icloud I will lose my only way to access my hackintosh, ie. the share screen option.

well you need to study more then.
you can have 150 configs which you can chose in the boot screen in clover to test various settings.
of course you keep your original/best config as a backup and experiment with new configs.
and being scared and keeping a proved-to-be non working config does not help you at all anyway. Anything will be better or same as your current situation.

thanks for your feedback.
I got the machine to run using a new installation and opencore rather than clover using another thread. Still no dual monitor support (second monitor on DVI goes dark after about 3/5ths of the apple boot sequence) and still no RX580 (boot freezes after initial apple). As you said I'll have to study.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back