i9-12900KF
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I am trying to install Monterey using OC 0.7.7 and am having the following issue so far: the installer boots, I get to the Opencore menu and am able to select the desired partition to boot from. The process then starts in verbose mode, it recognizes the keyboard and mouse too, and then the screen goes black and stays like that (as if the video card isn't starting). The main system specs are:
- motherboard: Gigabyte z170 Gaming 6 rev. 1.1
- processor: Intel i7-7700k
- GPU: AMD Radeon 6600 XT
Attached is the EFI folder I'm using, I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
I have the exact same issue after updating. It passes verbose. Screen flashes the Apple logo and loading bar appears along with the mouse cursor which moves. Stuck. No progressing. Same CPU with an rx580 and similar mother board

I have the exact same issue after updating. It passes verbose. Screen flashes the Apple logo and loading bar appears along with the mouse cursor which moves. Stuck. No progressing. Same CPU with an rx580 and similar mother board
Is your EFI similar to mine?

I have more DSDTs than you but all of our quirks were the same unless I am mistaken.

I followed the guide from Dortania to the letter, haven’t added anything extra, do you mind sharing your EFI so I can get a better idea?

Bump, can anyone help?

I followed the guide from Dortania to the letter, haven’t added anything extra, do you mind sharing your EFI so I can get a better idea?
As I'm experiencing the exact same issue I doubt showing mine will help. But I will when I'm back on the PC.

FWIW I updated to the unreleased versions of Lilu, whatevergreen, etc to no change. I think there might be an issue with our graphics card drivers not loading correctly.

I updated from 0.7.6 to 0.7.7 along with an update to 12.3 beta. I think the update borked something. I'll probably try reinstalling from scratch. I can boot into recovery effectively with 0.7.7 but when it boots into the os it passes verbose the mouse appears and I'm able to move it around before the mouse disappears and it stalls

Bump for a solution please!

Bump for a solution please!
I just wiped the disk, reinstalled 12.2 beta with open core 0.7.7. Booted up fine. Was able to set up everything. Installed 12.3 beta stalls after loading macos. Gets past verbose mouse appears then nothing. Apologies for not posting my efi

{Update}
Found the culprit:
HDMI from my 580. It looks like it might be a framebuffer issue. I tried display port to another monitor and works fine.

If your issue is similar to mine in that after the boot selector, after the loading/verbose screen it stalls AND your mouse cursor appears it might be the same issue.

Now I'm off to tinker with framebuffer stuff. No clue how. Gotta learn. Wonder why 12.3 Borks HDMI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back