Contribute
Register

Black screen after Boot (i5-8400, H370M DS3H, iGPU UHD 630)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Hello Internet!

I bought the following Hardware:
  • i5-8400 (with UHD 630)
  • Gigabyte H370M DS3H
I used the vanilla method and oriented on some tutorials (e.g. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-with-gigabyte-h370m-ds3h-i5-8400-coffee-lake.254051). The Apple Logo is showing up, the progress continues almost till the end, then the system stops / screen goes black (standby). In verbose mode I see the following message at the end (see attachment):

Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.installForcing (Repeats 4-5 times) - new kext: com.apple.driver.KextExcludesList, v14.0.3 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.179) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1

I used these Kexts:
AppleALC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
FakeSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
XHCI-300-series-injector.kext
Lilu.kext

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• log.jpg
    log.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 94
Hello Internet!

I bought the following Hardware:
  • i5-8400 (with UHD 630)
  • Gigabyte H370M DS3H
I used the vanilla method and oriented on some tutorials (e.g. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-with-gigabyte-h370m-ds3h-i5-8400-coffee-lake.254051). The Apple Logo is showing up, the progress continues almost till the end, then the system stops / screen goes black (standby). In verbose mode I see the following message at the end (see attachment):

Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.installForcing (Repeats 4-5 times) - new kext: com.apple.driver.KextExcludesList, v14.0.3 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.179) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1

I used these Kexts:
AppleALC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
FakeSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
XHCI-300-series-injector.kext
Lilu.kext

Thank you for your help!
  • The uploaded Verbose Boot Image , if proven really frozen even after waiting for a while as shown by no LED indicator light activity from USB Installer and HDD LED would indicate a failure to activate Graphics for your Intel HD 630.
  • Without knowing your BIOS _Peripherals and Chipset Options about the Intel HD Graphics and your config.plist , you can only get hit or miss advice based on guess work and NOT on real clues from your system.
  • My suggestion: upload BIOS setup chosen+ how the Graphics card is connected to the Display monitor and config.plist from the USB Installer to get some informed troubleshoot.

Hi,
  1. The system ist not frozen. The screen goes into standby after this screen, hardware keeps running (fans spinning).
  2. The graphics card is either connected via DVI or VGA, makes no difference.
  3. The config.plist can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba5isreydpwtiap/config.plist?dl=0
  4. What information do you need from my bios, I disabled Fast Boot, Trusted Computing, Network-Stack, VT-d, Secure Boot, Serial-Port, Wake-On-LAN. XHCI Handoff enabled. Similar to this guide.
Best

Hi,
  1. The system ist not frozen. The screen goes into standby after this screen, hardware keeps running (fans spinning).
  2. The graphics card is either connected via DVI or VGA, makes no difference.
  3. The config.plist can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba5isreydpwtiap/config.plist?dl=0
  4. What information do you need from my bios, I disabled Fast Boot, Trusted Computing, Network-Stack, VT-d, Secure Boot, Serial-Port, Wake-On-LAN. XHCI Handoff enabled. Similar to this guide.
Best
  • Macs (Hacks) don't use VGA connection ; they use ONLY Digital Video connections to Monitor: HDMI|DVI|DP
  • Please All uploads only to the Forum ; I don't want to check Third party repositories.
  • If you can upload your CLOVER folder from the USB Installer as zipped to this Forum using Attach , I will check and try to help you. Steps to Upload CLOVER.zip, if you need, can be found here:#4
  • Your listed BIOS options DO NOT include Graphics related options from Peripherals&Chipsets Menu. [See images as Examples]
  • You can easily automatically Capture & Save Precise BIOS screen shots saved to your USB Installer's FAT32 formatted EFI Partition from Gigabyte BIOS using F-12 key; images are saved in BMP format.
  • Same USB Installer's EFI Partition when mounted can show BIOS Screen shots as a numbered list. You can open them in Preview and using File>Export :Save Format: PNG/JPG File Names: changed from numbers to Unique (like Peripherals, Chipset ) to upload. At the same time you can zip and upload CLOVER too.

Thanks for the feedback. In the meantime i progressed, somehow. It seems this is an issue with the ports / cables etc. When I unplug / plug HDMI and DVI multiple times, the display comes back with the installer and the image is tinted pink.

Find my clover folder attached, bios screenshots will follow up later this day.

Thank you.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
Thanks for the feedback. In the meantime i progressed, somehow. It seems this is an issue with the ports / cables etc. When I unplug / plug HDMI and DVI multiple times, the display comes back with the installer and the image is tinted pink.

Find my clover folder attached, bios screenshots will follow up later this day.

Thank you.
  • I am uploading selected images from your CLOVER screen captures edited through CCG.
  • Images of config.plist_SECTIONS I have not uploaded, appear to me to be OK
  • Without knowing BIOS the above will be incomplete.

Attachments

• 1.CLOVER FileTree.png
    1.CLOVER FileTree.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.Devices.png
    2.Devices.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 3.Graphics.png
    3.Graphics.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 4.Rt Variables.png
    4.Rt Variables.png