Contribute
Register

Black screen after 80% apple logo boot (Radeon RX560)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF?
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD4000
Built my setup following trs96's guide for the HP 8300 SFF (awesome guide, thanks by the way!) for High Sierra using the integrated graphics. Everything worked fine (and still does) in that configuration. I don't know how to install/upgrade to the MSI Radeon RX560 I just purchased. I either get no video output after about 80% of the fuel gauge with the apple logo, or it goes to a black screen at the same point. I have tried adding current version of Lilu and WhateverGreen to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (while using HD4000) and then rebooting with RX560 installed. And I have tried editing config.plist to remove Intel and add RadeonDeInit. The kexts got me no video output, the config.plist change got me a black screen. Currently I deleted the kexts and reset the config.plist to use HD4000. Do I have to reinstall from scratch with the RX560 installed to make it work? Or am I just not searching for the right terms to find the answer to upgrade? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

System info:
HP 8300 SFF, 24GB RAM, 120GB macos drive, 250GB Win10 drive, clover configured for dual boot which works correctly, optical drive still installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back