Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I've updated my 10.15.7 with 19H524 Supplemental Update, which came out on Feb. 9 this year.
The installation went well. Yet, after the last reboot - the system loads up and then the Apple logo turns into the infamous
"glitch" one and everything hangs forever.
Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks

the Apple logo turns into the infamous "glitch" one
No idea what that means, you should boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Attachments

• Skype_Picture_2021_03_14T15_08_47_178Z.jpeg
    Skype_Picture_2021_03_14T15_08_47_178Z.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Please, help. Stuck here. All my files are trapped - emails, passwords, projects. Everything. Thanks.

Your image suggests a graphics configuration issue.

You should restore your backup.
If your data was not important enough to safeguard then just reinstall the OS, if you do this without formatting the drive it should preserve your files.

Your image suggests a graphics configuration issue.

You should restore your backup.
If your data was not important enough to safeguard then just reinstall the OS, if you do this without formatting the drive it should preserve your files.
Thanks. There's no backup to restore from. I never expected a usual update to go wrong. Never happened since 2013. I can boot into recovery, but when I try to reinstall - I get a message about the destination is read only. My next step would be to boot from a USB with an earlier OS install and try to start the reinstallation.

Last edited:
Reinstalled from USB.

Ignore Catalina Security updates

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back