Contribute
Register

Black screen after 10.12.1 -> 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-Z170X-UD3
GTX 950

Everything was working correctly under 10.12.1. After doing the update and rebooting, I updated the Nvidia web drivers and rebooted again. Now I get the monitor going to sleep before the boot finishes.

Looking at all the guides, I seem to have my config.plist edited correctly, so I'm not sure where to go next.

This is in there:
Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>

nvda_drv=1 is not set.

I'm using 17,1.
Yes, I can boot with nv_disable=1. That puts me back to flickering graphics.
I've tried running AGDPfix, but I get an error about SIP being enabled.

Hi CheeseheadDave.

Can you please explain in more detail how you fixed? I have the exact same board and an eVGA GTX 950 and abandoned installation last week after spending hours trying to get it to return from sleep (without a blank screen). Would you mind sharing your MultiBeast settings from initial install too? I bought parts from the November recommended guide.

Last edited:
Hi. Took another crack at this tonight. After installing the NVidia web drivers and rebooting, I'm getting the black screen. I try to use Clover's option (via spacebar) to set nv_disable (vesa mode), but it doesn't make a difference. It booted fine with that option prior to installing the web drivers.

I'm still on 10.12.1

Also, when you use MultiBeast, are you installing any kexts other than audio and network?

Also also, does it matter when you change from 14,2 to 17,1?

Thanks for any suggestions.

If I understand your problem an easy way to fix this may simply be to boot with the nv_diable flag and manually delete the Nvidia drivers. Reboot with the same flag and install the correct Nvidia drivers. Reboot and all should be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back