Contribute
Register

Black Frames while watching Movies in Quicklook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there
I've a annoying problem while watching movies, for example 720p mp4, in Quicklook (VTDecoderXPCService). Randomly I see some "black frames" and I've absolutely no idea why. I had this problem before with my Hack as I ran with iMac12.2 SysDev. Activating my HD4000 in addition to my GTX670 fixed that Problem for me. But at this moment I'm running on Mac pro 3.1 because of the popping audio and other energy-management problems i had with iMac12.2.

Opening the same movie in Quicktime does not show the black frames. I also didn't found any hint in the logfiles.

Any ideas?
Thanks and greets from Switzerland
Marcel

Now i tried multiple configs. The only one which gave me seamless playback in Quicklook was imac12,2 with parallel activated HD4000. Monitor attached to my GTX670.

missing / black frames playing movies in Quicklook on all these configs:
mac pro 3,1 GTX 670 only
mac pro 3,1 GTX 670 and HD4000
mac pro 5,1 GTX 670 only
mac pro 5,1 GTX 670 and HD4000
imac 12,2 GTX 670 only

Nobody here who has the same setup as I and can check if he has the same behavior?

Got the same problem with very similiar build. Got Gigabyte 680.
Black frames shows up on quicklook and on renders from premiere pro and final cut.

Which Sys Def do you use?

Mac Pro 5,1 at the moment.

Have you found a solution for this problem? I tried clover because of the imessage issue but i've the same issue there. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back