Intel i7-6700k
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you own a BitFenix Recon fan controller and would like to control your device via OS X we have your answer. We have just released our first beta version of Phoebetria and we need your help testing it. Phoebetria provides most of the same functions as the OEM software however we currently support OS X, Windows, Linux and did i mention OS X. One of the features we're missing that we can't provide at this time is Remote Control, however I assure you this functionality (and much more) is planned for a future release. We want to make sure we have a solid core before we continue adding features.

If you are interested please visit us on SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/phoebetria/

or FreeCode:
https://freecode.com/projects/phoebetria

Support and full source code is available from our SourceForge project, and please share your opinions here.

Version 1.1.1 has been uploaded to the SourceForge project site.

Even though the version number only reflects a minor update this is a fairly major release. A lot of the mechanics in the backend code have been completely rewritten for smoother operation.

See the CHANGE.txt file in the SourceForge repository for more details.

I hope you enjoy our work and please leave your comments here...

I should of snagged this fan controller before I jumped the gun on the one I purchased :(
I like the design and set up of yours better, plus the blue looks even better. I have since removed the one I got and now it sits in the box lawlz

That's a bummer, the latest release is really solid. Still missing the much needed remote access to make it complete but we will start working on that soon I think, still just a few things to button up.

D

So 10.8.2 has broken support for the Recon, I've been able to rollback the IOUSB*.kext's to 10.8.0 to get it working again. So far on my GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard even the USB 3 devices are functioning as i would expect. This means for me the only problem is using USB 2 drives in USB 3 ports doesn't work.

EDIT:

After further testing i found the rollback was unstable concerning the recon, sometimes it worked sometimes not. I however have found that plugging the recon into a usb hub has resolved the errors 100% even with the native 10.8.2 IOUSB drivers. So i have ordered a USB Expansion header from NZXT to see if it continues to work. I've wanted one of those anyway so i can move my bluetooth, etc dongles inside the case :)

I will follow up with my test results, one thing i should mention is there are many posts on the internet regarding certain usb devices not working after upgrading to 10.8.2 so it's not just a recon thing...

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_accessories/iu01_usb_expansion

EDITx2:

I've installed the USB Expansion card listed above and everything is operating perfectly. I wish I didn't have to have the extra hardware but I do like the fact that i've freed up ports in the back so i guess it's a win win :)

Version 1.2.0 has been released:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/phoebetria/files/

Changes:
It took some time but we feel Phoebetria has finally matured to a
non-beta status. There are two significant changes packed into this
release. The first is software auto. This feature takes the Recon's auto
mode a step further by allowing you to setup your own fan curves. The
second feature involves the way profiles are saved. We've moved away
from .ini files to a SQLite database for greater flexibility. The first
time you launch this version your old profiles will be imported
automatically.

Other changes include: Cleaning up the GUI to maximize space and make it
more intuitive; while in manual mode, clicking the RPM button opens a
window for an alternative way to set the RPM; clicking the channel icon
will change the Recon's display to show that channel's settings

Sorry if this was already explained, but does the update (1.2.0) fix the need for a USB Expansion card (hub) in 10.8.2?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back