Contribute
Register

bitfenix prodigy stock fans good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for late reply..here them are!

IMG_0944.jpgIMG_0945.jpg

as you can see the cpu dissipator will be almost centered in the case.. not bothering about anything!
(maybe mount it for last)

about cables i suggest you to choose a "Modular Power supply (PSU)" so you can choose which cables you really need and leave in the box others! mine is CX600M (Modular)

thanks again richavallone! i do actually have a modular power supply, the same as yours except the 500w version. the only thing i notice is that, as you have the prodigy m, i would have to do a different arrangement with my standard prodigy as there are maybe fewer options when it comes to moveable parts etc. even so, the pictures are very helpful & will definitely point me in the right direction. that looks quite a machine! what OS are you running? i am hoping to run mavericks. i have heard of some audio issues though, which is a worry as i'm a musician.

After 2 weeks of headaches and blasphemies i managed to run Maverics and Windoze 8.1 flawlessly!
Even audio works like a charm after Multibeast 6.0.1
except for HDMI (but there are tens of guides to enable it).
by the way as a guitarist i use an external audio interface with GarageBand/Logic
and everything worked "out of the box"!

maybe pay attention to which audio chipset has the Motherboard you have chosen..
Mine is: Realtek ALC892 (check buyer's guide to compatibility list)

About performance: i'm really proud of my beast! It's not a MacPro, but i like to think about it as his little evil son.. :D

that is encouraging to hear! i was having a bit of a panic about the audio situation & sound cards were one of the many things that were getting me confused. i am a saxophonist by trade, but also write my own material (mostly reggae). i use propellerhead reason 6.5 as my primary production software & bias peak for audio editing. when i record guide vocals, horn parts, bass or guitar, i have a small yamaha mixing desk which i run a line out of directly into the line in on my mbp. this works fine but as you most likely know, once you get quite a few audio tracks running the mbp starts to struggle. i guess that i could do the same thing with my build if the audio i/o work but i think a dedicated sound card would be better. i have a midisport uno usb for my midi keyboard & wind synth that should work with a hackintosh, but again i won't know until i get all the parts & assemble it. the motherboard i will use is a gigabyte
GA-Z87N-WIFI, i'll see if i can find out about the audio chipset. my
initial thought was to get an m-audio audiophile but apparently they have issues on a hack. if i can get this thing up & running, i'll be seriously pleased! like you say, it's not a mac pro but i think the pride in having built your own machine would more than make up for that! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back