Contribute
Register

BitFenix Prodigy - Is this the best combo to order under $1200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone
I am about to order the parts for my first hackintosh which is my first computer build and thought it would be wise to check if anyone can see any problems with this.
I plan to buy another HDD and dual boot windows in the future with a disk drive for some moderate gaming. (with dual monitors)
So im asking: Are some of the parts over kill/under kill?, Are they compatible with the hackintosh software? And are the best value for money?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated thankyou. Note: this is basically the mini Prodigy build, instalation guide somewhere in this site?

Parts:

Case: BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Case White ($89.00)

Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI MiniITX Intel 1155 ($173.00)

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 ($229.00)

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB ($309.00)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) ($79.00)

Power supply: Corsair TX-650M Modular Power Supply ($119.00)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB ($69.00)

SSD: SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB ($112.00)

TOTAL $1,179.00 AUD

Hi whiskeyfire,

Your hardware will work fine. Most of the GTX 660Ti cards are 10" in length so you will need to remove the modular hard drive bay. If this is an issue for you then I think there are some shorter 660Ti cards available from Zotac. Have a look at this thread here for more info : http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...ase-mini-itx-mb-geforce-660-a.html#post554570

Build descriptions/guides can be found using the search facility 'prodigy' and 'GA-Z77N-WIFI' as search descriptions should turn up most info for you.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back