Contribute
Register

BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finally got my CMOS to show at last, but now I load defaults and arrange setting, El Captain won't boot. So I put in USB to get El Captain to work, turn it on push F12 to choose what I need, it goes through to start up showing USB and El Captain, I choose El Captain the screen goes black and thats it, I try again and choose USB, the screen goes black thats it, is there anything I missed? thanks.

Well I finally got my CMOS to show at last, but now I load defaults and arrange setting, El Captain won't boot. So I put in USB to get El Captain to work, turn it on push F12 to choose what I need, it goes through to start up showing USB and El Captain, I choose El Captain the screen goes black and thats it, I try again and choose USB, the screen goes black thats it, is there anything I missed? thanks.

Well I finally got my CMOS to show at last,

• How did you manage to enter BIOS Setup which you could not do before?
    • This Forum post is not only to help a person for a posted problem but through the exchanges, should be able to help others reading the Forum looking for help for the same or similar issues in the Title and found through search engines without posting anything for help.

but now I load defaults and arrange setting, El Captain won't boot.

• To answer this problem, we need to get the
    • BIOS options chosen for the boot and
    • CLOVER folder from the el Capitan System disk.
  • To Get BIOS screen shots try -> #33
  • Since it is not possible to easily get CLOVER from a Non-bootng System disk (El Capitan), you may have to mount the EFI Partition of El Capitan through Windows, give a drive letter to EFI volume to mount that and view and copy the EFI or CLOVER folder and zip and upload.
    • This is a complicated method needing two Tools downloaded to Windows but doable.
  • Assuming that the CLOVER folders kexts/Other and drivers64UEFI are OK , you can upload Photos of
    • Clover Boot Manager Screen showing the icons of bootable devices,
    • Options_Boot Args
    • ACPI Patching ->
    • SMBIOS->
    • PCI devices->
    • Graphics Injector->
    • Binaries patching->
    • System Parameters
  • The above screen shots represent your config.plist used for that boot.

I manage to get the CMOS up after the gigabyte book showed a CMOS switch at the end of the board near the ram, I thought what the hell and switch it one way, then the other, after trying to get the CMOS again it work. I'll take pictures as you stated soon.

Here are photos I feel something's wrong but I no not.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
Here are photos I feel something's wrong but I no not.
  • Screen shots are all displayed upside down!
  • BIOS Screens were not AutoCaptured and therefore All are Crooked
  • Before I take a look at them,
    • I want to know if your El Capitan is installed in UEFI or Legacy Mode?
    • Is the USB installer used to boot in UEFI or Legacy Mode CLOVER?
  • I have to correlate BIOS and CBM screen shots knowing what type of Boot Mode has been used by the two bootable disks used?

Hi, they are both in UEFI mode, thanks. The usb installer was just made to try and get El Captain running.

Hi, they are both in UEFI mode, thanks. The usb installer was just made to try and get El Captain running.
  • I am uploading edited BIOS screen shots for you to try changing BIOS options to boot as annotated in the images.
    • Because the images are crooked, it is hard to insert rectangle properly during image editing in Preview.
      • May be your BIOS has no option to AutoCapture BIOS screens and therefore you had taken Photos with Cell phone Camera.
    • To prevent Upside-Down Landscape Camera shots on Forum upload , hold the Cell phone (camera) as shown in the image I am uploading while taking Photos.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • 4..png
    4..png
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • 5. Camera orientation To take Pictures.png
    5. Camera orientation To take Pictures.png
    521 KB · Views: 34
Yes I had taken the photos with a phone and I see what I have to do in future, hold the picture button to the right. I will alter the bios as you described and see what happens, thanks.

Yes I had taken the photos with a phone and I see what I have to do in future, hold the picture button to the right. I will alter the bios as you described and see what happens, thanks.
4.png
I had to re-edit image 4 because of misleading annotation. Edited image is uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back