GTX 960 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi,

I just wanted to inform, that there was recently a BIOS update to version F60A for 6460B owners and probably some other models too. Have you tested it already? Does it improve anything?

I haven't booted my Yosemite setup for months (performs a lot worse than Windows), but who knows, maybe this update somehow makes it more usable?

Hi,

I just wanted to inform, that there was recently a BIOS update to version F60A for 6460B owners and probably some other models too. Have you tested it already? Does it improve anything?

I haven't booted my Yosemite setup for months (performs a lot worse than Windows), but who knows, maybe this update somehow makes it more usable?

I applied F60 to my 4530s. There was no change in DSDT from the previous version I had(F40). It is unlikely BIOS updates will have much effect on OS X.

OS X has always been slower than Windows... And Sandy Bridge hardware is showing its age at this point.

I applied F60 to my 4530s. There was no change in DSDT from the previous version I had(F40). It is unlikely BIOS updates will have much effect on OS X.

OS X has always been slower than Windows... And Sandy Bridge hardware is showing its age at this point.

Yeah, I know, I hope Windows 10 will bring the new quality to PCs

Yeah, I know, I hope Windows 10 will bring the new quality to PCs

My feelings are mixed on Win10 so far. But I'll reserve judgement until final release.

Right now, it is better than Win8/Win8.1, but still a bit of a mess.

My feelings are mixed on Win10 so far. But I'll reserve judgement until final release.

Right now, it is better than Win8/Win8.1, but still a bit of a mess.

Exactly, I think the same. Hopefuly they will show something good during their //Build conference.

Rehabman, question. I just read that you applied F69 to your 4530s. I just did the same. Do I need to rematch my DSDT? I guess it is not needed but want confirmation from the master. Thanks.

Rehabman, question. I just read that you applied F69 to your 4530s. I just did the same. Do I need to rematch my DSDT? I guess it is not needed but want confirmation from the master. Thanks.

I applied F60a. There is no F69.

I found the DSDT to be the same as my previous version. It may depend on which version of BIOS you came from. If you don't know how to check for critical DSDT changes, you should repatch.

You are correct, Rehabman. It was 60 (the 9 was a typo). Coming from F50. Thanks.

You are correct, Rehabman. It was 60 (the 9 was a typo). Coming from F50. Thanks.

I doubt there is any changes from F50 to F60. But different machines can behave differently... To be on the safe side, you should repatch. Repatching is easy anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back