Motherboard
GA-H55M-S2
CPU
i3
Graphics
HD 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed macOS Mojave using the tutorial here on tonymac and the BIOS now has a password. I never configured the BIOS to have a password. How could the macOS installer change the BIOS settings? I mention that the BIOS is legacy, not UEFI. Besides this issue, all went well with the install. My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2. Thank you.

I installed macOS Mojave using the tutorial here on tonymac and the BIOS now has a password. I never configured the BIOS to have a password. How could the macOS installer change the BIOS settings? I mention that the BIOS is legacy, not UEFI. Besides this issue, all went well with the install. My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2. Thank you.

I have asked a similar question some time before, and gotten no satisfactory answer.

From what I can gather, you may run into this situation if you attempt to install or run MacOS on a motherboard with Legacy BIOS. My old GA-EP45T-UD3LR motherboard was hit by this problem after I tried to run MacOS Sierra on it.

The only way out of it, for me at least, is to use a jumper to short the CLR_CMOS (Clear CMOS) jumper on the motherboard for a few seconds while disconnected from power, according to the instruction manual. Of course you will have to configure the BIOS again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back