Contribute
Register

BIOS settings conflict killing my dual boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extreme Memory Profile = Disabled --> Profile 1 --- OK, no problem here
Intel Virtualization Technology = Enabled --> Disabled --- could leave this enabled with no effect on OS X
VT-d = Enabled --> Disabled --- could leave enabled and use dart=0 flag
Boot Mode Selection = UEFI and Legacy --> Legacy Only -- here is probably problem - leave default
XHCI Mode = Smart Auto --> Enabled --- OK
Intel Processor Graphics = Enabled --> Disabled --- OK
EHCI Hand-off = Disabled --> Enabled ​--- OK

I, too, suspected Boot Mode to be the problem. However, I tried setting
Intel Virtualization Technology = Enabled
VT-d = Enabled
Boot Mode Selection = UEFI and Legacy
but it didn't help. I'm at a loss for how the remaining three options could cause the keyboard and mouse to stop working, but I'll continue to experiment.

I, too, suspected Boot Mode to be the problem. However, I tried setting
Intel Virtualization Technology = Enabled
VT-d = Enabled
Boot Mode Selection = UEFI and Legacy
but it didn't help. I'm at a loss for how the remaining three options could cause the keyboard and mouse to stop working, but I'll continue to experiment.
Do you plan to use Clover or Chimera as your boot loader?

One thing to try is to change Windows 8 features to Windows 8 and set CSM support to always if using clover and never if using Chimera.

Do you plan to use Clover or Chimera as your boot loader?

One thing to try is to change Windows 8 features to Windows 8 and set CSM support to always if using clover and never if using Chimera.

I plan on using Chimera. I'll give those settings a go when I get back home in a month or so (currently abroad with no access to the machine). Will post an update when there is one. Thank you ever so much for your help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back