Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 570
My Gigabyte Z490 Vision G will not boot, stops at the start with a red static LED, keyboard does not register so cannot get to bios. I have disconnected the clock battery and re-connected but that did not help. Is there a way to try and boot up.
Is the bios corrupted in which case I need to re-install the bios which was F20. Do I have to take everything off the motherboard to do this, i.e. memory, cpu, pic cards.
Help is needed please

Follow the basic firsts, remove all hardware & memory. Boot first with memory (normally bios speakers will beep in a certain way giving you an indication of the fault then look at the manual or your system may have LCD which posts a number ). Default the bios, worse case remove the bios battery first.

Hi Vasman,
Thanks for the response.
I now think it is the I9 processor that has failed. I managed to Flash the board and it seemed that the re-install went okay although I cannot really tell.
Before the computer failed I had several freezes, and on restart I noticed the computer getting slower and slower till finally it would not boot at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back