Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hope somone can help my motherboard (Gigabyte Z87X-D3H) Bios currently has 29 entries in the select boot drive section which is a pain in the butt. I can't figure out how to get rid of the dead ones. I've got the latest bios, which is quite old now & I've tried removing the motherboard battery for 15 minutes in hope it would re-set but no luck.

I currently have to use the classic bios to find the option I want to boot from as I can't tell whats what in the UEFI bios.

Cheers...

Hope someone can help my motherboard (Gigabyte Z87X-D3H) Bios currently has 29 entries in the select boot drive section which is a pain in the butt. I can't figure out how to get rid of the dead ones. I've got the latest bios, which is quite old now & I've tried removing the motherboard battery for 15 minutes in hope it would re-set but no luck.

I currently have to use the classic bios to find the option I want to boot from as I can't tell whats what in the UEFI bios.

Cheers...

Download the latest version of your motherboard's BIOS and extract the BIOS file to a USB stick formatted in FAT32. Then enter the BIOS and use the Q-Flash option to "update" your BIOS. Hopefully that will remove the extra boot options in the BIOS. Remember to set the correct BIOS options again as the BIOS update process will reset the BIOS to default options.

Thanks for the replies, I'll have a go at it in due course.

Cheers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back