Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
When I installed it I did so without my internal HDD, just with the SSD.

I had some issues but so far it seems to be solved and everything was working. Then I decided to install my other 2 HDD back.

Now I get this "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" message.

By the order of the cables, the SSD should be the primary option but somehow when it boots now, it's not.

I go to the BIOS and rearrange the boot option so the UEFI SDD is the option right after Mac OS X, I save and Exit but nothing changes, it says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device".

When I go back to the BIOS, the boot order is all messed up and it shows a difference device after the Mac OS X. I tried it several times and the same result, it doesn't boot from the order I saved.

The only way I'm able to boot properly is pressing F12 to manually select the SSD drive.

How do I make it boot properly like it was before?

Go into your bios and change Boot #1 to your SSD.

The problem is because the BIOS is not saving the order I set, it always changes it back to something else. I will try to change the cables, hopefully it will solve it. But that shouldn't be a problem since it wasn't a problem before and the cables are in the correct order, but who knows?

The problem is because the BIOS is not saving the order I set, it always changes it back to something else. I will try to change the cables, hopefully it will solve it. But that shouldn't be a problem since it wasn't a problem before and the cables are in the correct order, but who knows?

Are you pressing F10 to save and quit?

Try re-setting the bios. Make sure that you change bios settings.

I tried but it didn't work.

Anyway, I exchanged the cable and it seems it worked, which doesn't make sense but solved it nonetheless.

-
You were helping me in another thread, the FakeSMC.kext - and the plugins - I deleted from S\L\E keeps showing in the S\L\E folder after I restart.

But I think it's better if you reply in the other thread.

Thanks!

I prefer having kexts in EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11 than in L\E & S\L\E.

Yes, you said to me to delete it from S\L\E and L\E and I did but when I restart the computer it's still in the S\L\E folder, the L\E is empty.

Kext Wizard says it's loading FakeSMC from S\L\C instead of CLOVER folder.

Yes, you said to me to delete it from S\L\E and L\E and I did but when I restart the computer it's still in the S\L\E folder, the L\E is empty.

Kext Wizard says it's loading FakeSMC from S\L\C instead of CLOVER folder.

All kexts should be installed where they can be included in kernel cache. Clover injection is only for recovery partition and installation. Don't overuse it.

On 10.11, you can install to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions. Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back