Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well, I got lion installed, and everything's working great! Except, that whenever I restart my computer, my bios gets reset. It's quite annoying to have to set all my settings in my bios everytime I want to shut down my computer lol

Anyone have any ideas whats causing it?

I'm running 64bit Lion if that helps at all, and it only started doing this after I upgraded to lion.

There is a patch for AppleRTC.kext that fixes the BIOS reset if you have had Lion asleep then reboot. Maybe it will help you?

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Backup the kext first of course.

I reverted back to SL's AppleRTC and it works fine now. Not sure if that's a permanant fix, but it's gonna have to do.

actually that was a lie. It's still resetting. Any ideas?

rackosb said:
Well, I got lion installed, and everything's working great! Except, that whenever I restart my computer, my bios gets reset. It's quite annoying to have to set all my settings in my bios everytime I want to shut down my computer lol

Anyone have any ideas whats causing it?

I'm running 64bit Lion if that helps at all, and it only started doing this after I upgraded to lion.
Same problem on my SB system (GA-Z68Z-UD3-B3) with DSDT from this site - shutdown/restart was working fine under SL

I only get CMOS reset after wake up from sleep, with Tony's DSDT for my MB model. AppleRTC patch or SL AppleRTC solutions works, but maybe someone comes with a more "vanilla" solution... ;)

same problem here... Asus P5q-E, Intel C2Q 9400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back