Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z87 Extreme 6
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 960
Hey,

I've been running a high sierra hackintosh for about 2 years now. Unfortunately today one of my BIOS from my Asrock Z87 failed. I know it was the BIOS because of constant reboot and the error code (4F). To troubleshoot this issue I did a Clear CMOS, with no luck, and I switched to BIOS B, which solved the issue. Unfortunately now I can't boot into my hackintosh. Clover doesn't show up just "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media" pops.

My second guess was to install multibeast into a flash drive and try to access my mac from there unfortunately with no luck. It gets stuck on the Apple logo. The last message from the log was "End Randomseed".

Any thoughts?

Hey,

I've been running a high sierra hackintosh for about 2 years now. Unfortunately today one of my BIOS from my Asrock Z87 failed. I know it was the BIOS because of constant reboot and the error code (4F). To troubleshoot this issue I did a Clear CMOS, with no luck, and I switched to BIOS B, which solved the issue. Unfortunately now I can't boot into my hackintosh. Clover doesn't show up just "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media" pops.

My second guess was to install multibeast into a flash drive and try to access my mac from there unfortunately with no luck. It gets stuck on the Apple logo. The last message from the log was "End Randomseed".

Any thoughts?
Did you reconfigure the BIOS settings correctly after switching to the B BIOS?

I did. Anyway the issue is solved. I was searching on ****** and found the solution. Looks like for my particular motherboard I had to add the bootx64 manually. Now I can access Clover and everything is working!

Oh, BTW, booting from Clover in a flash drive took 30 min to pass the apple logo screen, but it finally booted.

Thanks anyway for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back