blah
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

First off I wanna thank you for an excellent guide, it was very easy to follow. Unfortunately I have come to a hold up that I cant't figure out. Here are my specifications

ASUS D550M (fresh out of the box)
Intel Celeron CPU N2815 1.86GHz
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I am trying to install my purchased version of Microsoft OSX Mavericks. I have a USB set up through Unibeast with the installer correctly on it (and laptop compatability), and it works when I boot it on my brother's laptop. But when put it in mine and open the bios, the USB is not an available option to boot from. The weird thing is that when I was originally setting up the USB in the disk utility, I accidentally forgot to select "Master Boot Record" so it was left with the default "GUID Partition Table". That USB configuration was detected by the bios but obviously was not able to boot. Upon realizing that mistake I went back through the guide and very carefully made sure I did every step, and that has brought me to this standstill.

Let me know if you need any more information, I'll be happy to provide it.

Hello,

First off I wanna thank you for an excellent guide, it was very easy to follow. Unfortunately I have come to a hold up that I cant't figure out. Here are my specifications

ASUS D550M (fresh out of the box)
Intel Celeron CPU N2815 1.86GHz
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I am trying to install my purchased version of Microsoft OSX Mavericks. I have a USB set up through Unibeast with the installer correctly on it (and laptop compatability), and it works when I boot it on my brother's laptop. But when put it in mine and open the bios, the USB is not an available option to boot from. The weird thing is that when I was originally setting up the USB in the disk utility, I accidentally forgot to select "Master Boot Record" so it was left with the default "GUID Partition Table". That USB configuration was detected by the bios but obviously was not able to boot. Upon realizing that mistake I went back through the guide and very carefully made sure I did every step, and that has brought me to this standstill.

Let me know if you need any more information, I'll be happy to provide it.

Your USB must be partitioned MBR.

And you must disable secure boot, enable legacy boot in BIOS.

But you should know the Intel HD graphics part of your Celeron are not supported by OS X...

Hi All,

I stumbled upon the same problem with an D550m, and tried to follow the steps to enable these options like Launch CMS, but it was nowhere to be found until I updated my BIOS to the latest version from the asus website.

Just hoping to help anyone else who (like me) is wondering where the f*** these options can be found - they don't exist in the original BIOS version.

sounds to me like my laptop you may have a UEFI bios these type dont boot normal you will have to boot using clover uefi boot loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back