CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GTX 750
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm not the smart guy and am really struggling to understand how to install Big Sur on this desktop PC. I made a USB with Big Sur and tried miserably to figure out OpenCore. It took a long time and eventually managed to make the computer boot off the installer USB and it boots into the setup program. When I select language and open Disk Utility, it only shows USB and install image, no internal SATA SSD. I read that I must download and use CtlnaAHCIPort.kext which I downloaded and copied to the kexts folder. Then used Proper Tree to add it to config. After reboot, which is now slower, I get the same in Disk Utility.
Can somebody help me to understand how to make this see the internal SATA drive? System Bios sees drive and live linux can access so physical connections are fine.

I'm not the smart guy and am really struggling to understand how to install Big Sur on this desktop PC. I made a USB with Big Sur and tried miserably to figure out OpenCore. It took a long time and eventually managed to make the computer boot off the installer USB and it boots into the setup program. When I select language and open Disk Utility, it only shows USB and install image, no internal SATA SSD. I read that I must download and use CtlnaAHCIPort.kext which I downloaded and copied to the kexts folder. Then used Proper Tree to add it to config. After reboot, which is now slower, I get the same in Disk Utility.
Can somebody help me to understand how to make this see the internal SATA drive? System Bios sees drive and live linux can access so physical connections are fine.
have you set SATA to AHCI in your bios?

Thanks Feartech, that was indeed the issue. I forgot I did a BIOS reset recently.
also you may or may not need CtlnaAHCIPort.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back