CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried to install big sur on NVMe SSD samsung 970 EVO I got a problem OS X Drive not appearing in boot menu opencore 0.6.0, so I can only enter Big Sur by preboot only :
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-20 at 20.41.59.jpeg

I also got a problem, I can access the big sur folder but the disk utility shows that the partition is unmounted and cannot be mounted:
Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 8.47.28 PM.png

Another problem is when I want to select startup disk Big Sur partitions are missing and sticking out continuously, so I can't assign a startup disk se my short video:

It's very different when I install on a SATA SSD, the OSX drive appears in the boot menu and disk utilities and startup normally.

I attached the config for Strix B360-I. is there something wrong with me or lacking in my config?

Attachments

• Config.plist
    27.2 KB · Views: 200
This is a bug in the beta. It's been discussed before, and a quick fix is to install Intel Power Gadget. When you specify the install location (ie., you system drive) it will correct the name.

But then someone said not to install Intel Power Gadget!

So this is a detailed fix that doesn't involve installing any software:

I tried to install big sur on NVMe SSD samsung 970 EVO I got a problem OS X Drive not appearing in boot menu opencore 0.6.0, so I can only enter Big Sur by preboot only :
View attachment 485056

I also got a problem, I can access the big sur folder but the disk utility shows that the partition is unmounted and cannot be mounted:
View attachment 485053

Another problem is when I want to select startup disk Big Sur partitions are missing and sticking out continuously, so I can't assign a startup disk se my short video:

It's very different when I install on a SATA SSD, the OSX drive appears in the boot menu and disk utilities and startup normally.

I attached the config for Strix B360-I. is there something wrong with me or lacking in my config?

This is a bug in the beta. It's been discussed before, and a quick fix is to install Intel Power Gadget. When you specify the install location (ie., you system drive) it will correct the name.

But then someone said not to install Intel Power Gadget!

So this is a detailed fix that doesn't involve installing any software:

Yes I fix With IPG, it's faster than the manual method on that link. With IPG automatically creates a label partition for big sur on preboot and renames the volume in the OC boot picker (so if we boot via preboot it means the same thing).

View attachment 485056

View attachment 485053

Hi did you fix this , it happen the same to me : ( , any help , thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back