Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
CPU
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello - I recently upgraded to Big Sur and moved from Clover to OpenCore. I followed the OpenCore guide very closely and perfected my setup; however, I am running across an issue. My system will restart normally for the most part; however, every few times I get a black screen upon restart with an underscore. It will just hang until I completely power off and then on. I've tried a few things such as ProvideConsoleGop Quirk and to no avail can I get this issue to stop. Any suggestions?

Same for me. I was tried changed hdmi cable to DP cable, change display out ports, changed monitor. All doesn't fixed the black/green screen & freeze issues.

Do you turn on Hidpi? My case is after I turned on Hidpi the black screen will happen frequently. It happen almost every boot up. So I decide to turn off Hidpi. But it still happen rarely.

I tried using different cables etc and nothing works. My Hidpi is turned off. Let me know if you are able ti find a fix. I think it might have to do with my motherboard, but no issues occurred using Clover/Catalina. It all started when upgrading to Big Sur/Opencore.

Did your POST screen display any warning after that?

A possible cause would be RTC. You could try to enable DisableRtcChecksum.

Not sure if it is related but DummyPowerManagement should be removed from the quirks section in your config.plist.

Your motherboard is Z370 so you don’t need SSDT-PMC.aml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back