Motherboard
Dell 8900
CPU
i7/6700
Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there. I've been running Catalina 10.15.2 for the past year or so on my Dell XPS 8900. Recently I decided to upgrade to macOS Big Sur. I've downloaded the current OS from Apple, but can't boot from the USB I've created. I've tried updating Clover from the version that has been working with Catalina (5102) to the recommended version for Big Sur (5126) and when I pressed the install selection at the clover boot screen, the screen froze and I couldn't select anything else. I've attempted booting the install disk with Opencore, but that would leave me frozen at the apple symbol.

Are there some additional things that need to be altered to my system/bios/efi etc... to get it to boot and install?

One other thing I tried was to update to the last version of Catalina 10.15.7 but even that wouldn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joel

My System:
Intel Core i7, 3.41 GHz
Radeon RX 580 8GB
Dell XPS 8900

Any luck on getting this installed?

No, but now I get stuck at the 12 minute mark when installing. The screen freezes there and I can't move my mouse or type anything.
This is the end of the install log when it freezes:

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
Can you share how you got Catalina working on your 8900? Can you share your EFI folder, please? I'm stuck on Sierra. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back