Contribute
Register

Big Sur native usb3.0 pcie cards - are there any?

A type-c port should have the connector Type (9) or (10) not USB 3. As shown in the table below.

Type Info Comments
0 USB 2.0 Type-A connector This is what macOS will default all ports to when no map is present
3 USB 3.0 Type-A connector 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 ports share the same Type
8 Type C connector - USB 2.0-only Mainly seen in phones
9 Type C connector - USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 with Switch Flipping the device does not change the ACPI port
10 Type C connector - USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 without Switch Flipping the device does change the ACPI port. generally seen on 3.1/2 motherboard headers
255 Proprietary connector For Internal USB ports like Bluetooth

The images don’t confirm you have the correct connector type set.
Ok, I probably messed up with the USB Map tool screenshot but as you can see from the Hackintool screenshot the port mapping looks correct. Here's a screenshot of my USB kext's plist tree, which you can see that Hackintool is picking up if you look at the comments entries

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.28.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 1.28.38 PM.png
    288.8 KB · Views: 30
The section of the USB kext above looks fine. Did it make any difference when you used the new USB kext?

When checking the Type-C port connectors, did you take the time to double check you have the correct connector type for the other USB ports?

The section of the USB kext above looks fine. Did it make any difference when you used the new USB kext?

When checking the Type-C port connectors, did you take the time to double check you have the correct connector type for the other USB ports?
No difference :/

any thoughts?
Only ports with Intel controllers are subject to Apple imposed restrictions, there should be no need to map ports with controllers from any other manufacturer.

I`m on OSX Ventura using following USB 3.2 Cards:

1.) Inatek Red Comets U25, PCIe 3.2 for x1 Slot
3 x USB-A and 2 x USB-C, 8 Gbit/s, FL100 Chipset, listet as Asmedia 2132 Chipset in OSX

2.) Farboko USB-3.2 PCIe Card for x4 Slot
4 x USB-A and 3 x USB, 20 Gb/s, Asmedia 2132 Chipset

Both Cards working Out-of-Board with identical Speeds comparing Sticks with an MacBook Air M2 over TB3 to USB3.2 Adapter. I have only mapped two internal USB-2 Ports (Bluetooth BCM), and two external Ports of the Mainboard for Wake after Sleep over Keyboard and Mouse, because it doesn't work with the PCIe Cards (fully powered off in Sleep).

For Everyone who had issues with Hot-Plug / Reconnect USB-C after Sleep, use the following TB-3 / USB-C Reset Kext. It's for TB3 Cards, but it also works for USB-3 / USB-C!!

Attachments

• TB3-USB-C-Reset.kext.zip
    14 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back