Graphics
Radeon 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updating from 10.15.7 with clover r5126. Installation runs smoothly until Restart button in installer is clicked. Installer then says: "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." Running the installer again yields the same results. When booting, I now see Boot macOS Install from Disk - Data as an boot option. Choosing that just hangs at the Apple logo. Attached boot output with verbose flag. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 1.58.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 1.58.40 PM.png
    672.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0074.jpeg
    IMG_0074.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 143
Same issue here any help ?!

After setting the "AvoidRuntimeDefrag" Quirk, I was able to boot from the Install macOS partition. The install proceeded normally for 10-15 minutes, including a couple reboots. Unfortunately, I got an error shortly thereafter. I can't remember what the error said, but it seemed fairly catastrophic. I was then presented with an Updater screen which I'd never seen before. I was unsure what state things were in, and a little impatient, so I restarted. Upon rebooting, I was presented with what looked like Big Sur. I noticed most of the icons in the dock had been updated, except for Safari and a couple others. Safari would beach ball on opening as would terminal. Finder seemed to work ok though. Suffice it to say, the install was incomplete and the system was not usable.

I'd been meaning to do a clean install for a bit and try out Open Core. Dortania's guide is amazing. I was up and running on Open Core in a matter of a couple hours.

same issue here also, tried all methods with no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back