CPU
i7-5775C
Graphics
AMD WX Pro 4100
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Apparently at some random moment finder will reset and all the changes I made in preferences will disappear, and I'm not able to reselect them. Finder settings will not work. I am having to force quit / relaunch finder every time this happens in order for it to work properly.

It is a minor issue, and basically aesthetic, but it is annoying.

Any ideas on how to fix it ??

Thanks

Manuel

I have same problem... Can't find solution how to fix. Do you have clean installation or restored from previous version with migration assistant?

Hi, as it turns out I had a misconfigured OpenCore, I had SIMBIOS 15,1 and what I needed was 16,1 or 16,2 can't remember, changed that and it is really stable now, and have had no more issues with finder. I made a clean install as I changed my SSD and used migration assistant from old ssd to new ssd. But the issue was a misconfigured OC. I am using 0.6.4

Hope that helps

Thank for your reply..
Interesting, i have iMac19,1 which best corresponding my cpu and gpu. I try change it..

I had an issue yesterday, where I had to restart finder, but it had not happened in quite some time. I was using the system pretty intensively and maybe that caused it to malfunction. Nevertheless it iis much more stable than what it was before.

I tried to change SMBIOS to Imac19.2, but it didn't help. I also tried ACPI patches according to the documentation, but the problem still persists. Currently I have documents in the icloud, it seems to be more stable, but even so, the icons from the sidebar disappear and the documents and desktop folder does not respond.
I found crash reports in the console, I'm attaching them in the attachment, it looks like a problem with memory allocation.
I thought it was a problem in the operating system, but it seems to be a misconfigured OC.
I will continue debugging, I will also try to check the bios settings.

Attachments

• Finder_2021-01-12-125420_Tondas-iMac.crash.txt
    133.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Finder_2021-01-14-143028_Tondas-iMac.cpu_resource.diag.txt
    21 KB · Views: 30
Let me know what you find, the more stable the system can be the better !!!!

Yesterday i add finder to full disk access under security and permissions in preferences and it looks the problem is gone.

I just did it. hope it works !!!! Thanks

It has worked fine so far, thanks again !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back