i5-12400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed the various step-by-step guides and was able to use opencore for the first time for installing catalina first and then with direct updates to big sur. Everything works fine, except that I can only boot the system with the USB inserted despite having transferred the EFI folder from the pen to the SSD. In practice, if I boot without installation usb inserted, "reboot and select proper boot device" comes out. the bios sees the SSD as a sataX disk and not as uefi. Where did I go wrong and how can I correct?

Why do you say, "the bios sees the SSD as a sataX disk and not as uefi"?

This procedure has often worked for me, when the BIOS inexplicably refuses to see the EFI bootloader: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...on-gone-after-bios-update.211715/post-1409404

The info can be adapted to Open Core: just replace the Clover path with the correct path to BOOTX64.EFI.

Thanks Kylec for the advice and suggestion; I followed the guide you reported and now the bios sees the ssd as uefi but if I start from this it always comes out "Reboot and select proper boot device". I just can't understand: if with the boot from usb everything works perfectly why if I transport and replace the EFI folder from usb to ssd it tells me that the disk is not bootable? In practice I did exactly what is shown in the attached mail.
Where am I wrong?
Schermata 2020-09-25 alle 18.28.00.png

I can't think of anything, except maybe something wrong with the path in the bcfg entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back