Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I use hackintosh for more than 3 years and yesterday I decided to update my old snow leopard to Mavericks.
I did a Time Machine backup into the external HD and a CCC copy to another sAta disk.
I create my unibeast USB dongle with no problem (GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000) and I installed Mavericks.
After the installation the system rebooted and here all the problems started. At the reboot I boot from usb (no bootloader installed yet) but choosing my mavericks hd I got all the kinds of "common" errors:
- Stuck at :Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport
- Stuck at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
- Stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin]
and finally the nanoseconds kernel panic.
I've tried all the flags (-x -v -F -f) but nothings changed, I tried to use the terminal to copy different DSDT into the Mavericks extra folder but nothing.
The problem is that I installed Mavericks but the installation is not finished (not finished the installation after the first reboot and no bootloader). In fact when I get the kernel panic error the voice "OsX version" says "Not yet found".....
At that point I decided to boot my old snow leopard installation from the CCC copy I did: I booted from the usb and I chose the Snow leopard disk and it started with no problems at all, I checked some files (everythings fine) and I rebooted the system.
After some tests I decided to boot another time my SL copy and ...........it doesn't start too now (stuck at Apple logo). The hylarious thing is that I didn't touch anything on that disk and now it doesn't start too....
Now I have a kernel panic Mavericks partial installation and probably a kernel panic SL copy (don't know why...the first time it booted like a breeze).
Any idea?? Now I'm trying to re-install Mavericks..

Update:
I forgot to write I have a Gigabyte X58A UD5 (when I installed Snow Leopard 3 year ago the procedure went veeery smooth)

I reinstalled Mavericks but I get the same kernel panic. I tried with -x -f -v and it stopped at:
USBMSC Identifier (not-unique)
USBFix=Yes doesn't work
So I did another try booting directly from the Snow Leopard hd and it doesn't start at all...it stucks on "DMI Pool data "so I can boot only from USB now, also the SL HD I didn't touch at all (THAT WORKS the first time I try it).
It's incredible...the more I try the worse the situation goes...

Here some different panics I get

GraphicsEnabler=Yes
m4.jpg

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 -x -v
m1.jpg

GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v
m2.jpg

As you can see it doesn't find the osx version..

GraphicsEnabler=Yes -x -f -v
m3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back