Contribute
Register

Big delay during boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a spare drive, back up you're current install then do a clean install, and after you can use migration assistant. I recently transferred my system from Catalina to Big Sur that way and it did a superb job. Everything was identical even down to the number of tabs I had open in Chrome and Safari.
Actually I don't trust any kind of system backups. I had a lot of experience with different OSes and everytime came on some delayed issues. E.g. with the particular software or system stability. In other words, restoring from the backup is not equal to clean install with the disk formatting and post installation of the same software..
Maybe the clean install will be good for my case to get rid of the installed and not deleted trash.. E.g. I've recenty found 'CloverDaemon' under Launch Daemos section. Idk if I can safety disable it, but I migrated from Clover to OC a long time ago.. Followed the dortania migration giude and thought, that I removed all Clover traces..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 00.53.46.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 00.53.46.png
    746.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
If you have a spare drive, back up you're current install then do a clean install, and after you can use migration assistant. I recently transferred my system from Catalina to Big Sur that way and it did a superb job. Everything was identical even down to the number of tabs I had open in Chrome and Safari.
Regarding the post you referenced: Keep in mind that without any evidence to the contrary their file system may have already been borked prior to their Monterey upgrade, thusly the whole procedure recommended could be superfluous.

I use Samsung 860 EVO SSDs (not NVMe M.2) and boot times are as expected for Monterey.

The WD SN750 is also an NVMe type SSD, so without knowing of anyone having successfully used one, without the slow boot, it's hard to guess.
Hi @macntosh ,

@pastrychef uses a WD SN750 in his Golden Build, the Gigabyte Gaming Z390M

not related to this. i just recreated the EFI and no more error on first aid and still the same boot time
View attachment 532841
How did you measaure the trimming time? I tried to enable OC verbose mode, but didn't find such records in the log while the system was booting.
IMG_0686.JPG
Running on the verbose mode showed that my system stuck on the following operation:
Code:
Doing boot task: bootroot

Update: I updated the 970 Evo-Firmware and OS on 12.0.1. No improvements.

How did you measaure the trimming time? I tried to enable OC verbose mode, but didn't find such records in the log while the system was booting.
View attachment 532861Running on the verbose mode showed that my system stuck on the following operation:
Code:
Doing boot task: bootroot
its not stuck its doing trim
check with this
log show --predicate "processID == 0" | grep spaceman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back