Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently purchased the Logitech K400r (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126264), because it was advertised to work with both mac and pc, and had a multitouch trackpad built-in. For only $25 bucks with the Iron Egg Guarantee, I decided to buy it because I needed a new wireless keyboard. When it arrived, I booted into windows and it connected fine, and the trackpad worked as a mouse. I tried scrolling and zooming on a webpage and it worked! I was quite excited so I booted into OS X 10.8.4. It connected easily, and the trackpad worked fine as a mouse. However, NO MULTITOUCH GESTURES WORK. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: he extent of this piece-of-junk's multitouch is scrolling and zooming.

:thumbdown:

So don't be tempted to buy this crap! I'm returning it to Newegg ASAP, thanks to their awesome customer service Logitech didn't screw me over completely...

may i ask you kindly, have you installed the logitech control center?

I can confirm that this keyboard does function but is not good with the osx. It is not even recognized by logitech's own software so you can not use any cool features.

Thanks for the warning! I really was thinking about buying this one for my Media Center Hackintosh! :D

I bought it (K400r) before my hackintosh build. It works as a generic mouse keyboard. It is not shown on Logitech's website as a MAC keyboard. I use a two keyboard two mouse config. A generic PS/2 wired keyboard and Generic USB wired mouse on my Desk and the Logictech K400r for Couch TV mode. Its not listed as a MAC system compatible. On the HACK it has the problem of disappearing and occasionally getting into a vibrating mouse mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back